The “WHY” of the Resident Services Team:
AHC’s Resident Services team helps communities thrive by providing its residents with educational and social services programs to help them build more stable and successful lives. We work to provide services where people live and builds long-term and trusting relationships with families and individuals.
How the Resident Services Manager Impacts the work of AHC:
The Senior Resident Services Manager will implement Property Services Plans across the Maryland portfolio to meet the identified needs and interests of the resident populations at AHC apartment communities.
Provide holistic and comprehensive and trauma-informed case management services to all residents in need and successful connection to needed services and resources.
Develop program parameters, program delivery policies and procedures. Oversee the implementation of programs and ensure staff adherence to policies & procedures for program delivery.
Stay attuned with trends of resident needs and interests, and keep supervisor informed on opportunities to enhance, expand, and design programs as needs and opportunities emerge.
Maintain consistent, positive communication with residents about programs, activities, services, and other aspects of living in the apartment community.
Build partnerships with local social service agencies and other community partners, including non-profits and vendors, to bring relevant workshops, programs, activities, and opportunities to the community.
Actively monitor outcomes to fulfill Property Service Plan and grant requirements. Create quarterly report of community program offerings, case management, and partnerships.
Use systems to track participant numbers and performance outcome measures.
What You Will Bring to AHC:
· Master’s degree in social work or relevant discipline.
· At least 3-5 years of case management experience.
· At least 2-3 years of supervision experience.
· Cross-cultural competency and commitment to racial justice a must.
· Baseline knowledge of potential impacts of trauma and trauma-informed practices.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a diverse resident population that requires the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
· Good listener, collaborator, problem solver.
· Self-motivated and detail oriented.
· Collaborative workstyle with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
· Experienced in piloting new programs and responding to changing opportunities and challenges.
· Strong organizational skills in communications, program facilitation, data collection and reporting.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database experience preferred.
· Spanish, Amharic or other relevant second language fluency strongly preferred.
Working at AHC:
Resident Services Team may work remotely on Fridays. To meet programming needs, Resident Services staff should be available to work outside of the normal business hours.
AHC is committed to promoting Equity in our work. Systemic inequity is a reality. As such, central to our mission is that we address it in whom we hire, how we engage with the community, and with whom we partner. We strive to advance initiatives that promote more equitable access to resources for residents and neighborhoods served by AHC, and we will accelerate our mission by advancing diversity, equity and inclusion among our industry peers and business partners.
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please make sure to submit a cover letter when applying.
Learn more about AHC by visiting our website www.ahcinc.org.