Student Life Success Coach (2 positions available)
Working under the direction of the Student Life Director, Coaches are responsible for ensuring all College Track students have the opportunity to explore their passions and develop their career preparedness. Coaches will lead workshops related to student area of interest and need. In prior years these workshops have included an emphasis on STEM exploration (coding and app design), resume and interview etiquette, the creative arts, and many more! Additionally, Coaches will be assigned a caseload of students they will be responsible for to ensure team goals are met with respect to student performance and participation in summer programming.
● Bachelor’s degree, or currently working toward degree
● Passion for and commitment to college access and success
● Cultural competence working with diverse youth
● Strong facilitation skills (including in a virtual format)
● Outstanding problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and act on student achievement data
● Ability to quickly build rapport with students and keep them motivated and productive
● High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence
● Learner mindset; desire to grow skills and a willingness to implement and proactively ask for feedback
● Cleared background check and TB test before start date
● Work approximately 20-29 hours per week, primarily between 1PM-7:30PM Mondays-Thursdays, with the potential for some Friday and Saturday work.
● Deliver student life programming
● Case manage a cohort of students to ensure programmatic goals are met
● Model and help students take positive risks to explore areas of interest
● Collect, analyze, and use data to suggest and create program improvements
● Participate in weekly professional development meetings to discuss student needs and execute focused action items
● Complete administrative tasks including, but not limited to, maintaining the center, monitoring technology, taking attendance, entering data, contacting parents, and working with teachers
● Meet regularly with the relevant site staff to discuss student progress and accountability
● Additional responsibilities as assigned by either the Student Life Director or the Site Director
This position is a part-time, non-exempt hourly position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and ranges from $15 to $17 per hour.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications to Emily Belko, Interim Site Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
● Resume review: Rolling
● Phone/Video interviews: Rolling
● Onboarding/Orientation: August 2020