Position: College Completion Coach
Working under the direction of the College Completion Director, Coaches are responsible for ensuring all College Track students and their families are able to successfully navigate the college admission and matriculation process. Coaches will lead programming to assist 12th grade students in submitting their college applications and requests for financial aid while helping younger students and their families deepen their knowledge of the college going process. Additionally, Coaches will be assigned a caseload of students they will be responsible for to ensure team goals are met with respect to student performance.
● Bachelor’s degree, or currently working toward degree
● Passion for and commitment to college access and success
● Cultural competence working with diverse youth
● Strong facilitation skills (including in a virtual format)
● Outstanding problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and act on student achievement data
● Ability to quickly build rapport with students and keep them motivated and productive
● High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence
● Learner mindset; desire to grow skills and a willingness to implement and proactively ask for feedback
● Cleared background check and TB test before start date
● Work approximately 15-22 hours per week, primarily between 1PM-7:30PM Mondays-Thursdays, with the potential for some Friday and Saturday work.
● Case manage a cohort of students to ensure programmatic goals are met
● Collect, analyze, and use data to suggest and create program improvements. Strong attention to detail
● Participate in weekly professional development meetings to discuss student needs and execute focused action items
● Complete administrative tasks including, but not limited to, maintaining the center, monitoring technology, taking attendance, entering data, contacting parents, and working with teachers
● Meet regularly with the relevant site staff to discuss student progress and accountability
● Additional responsibilities as assigned by either the College Completion Director or the Site Director
This position is a part-time, non-exempt hourly position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and ranges from $15 to $17 per hour.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications to Emily Belko, Interim Site Director, at email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
● Resume review: Rolling
● Phone/Video interviews: Rolling
● Onboarding/Orientation: August 2020