The Director of Lending Development is a key member of the lending and investment team responsible for operational and strategic support of Inclusiv’s Capital and Mortgage business lines, and for consulting with member credit unions on the design and delivery of flexible credit union lending products to continue to expand access and opportunity in underserved communities.
REPORTS TO: CFO / CIO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Inclusiv Director of Lending Development will be the primary point-person promoting the lending programs to Inclusiv members and other credit union partners to drive high-impact lending in low-income communities.
The Director will work closely with the team to assess and pursue lending-related business opportunities, provide technical support for the design and implementation of new product offerings in member credit unions, coordinate and lead training and technical support and drive the growth of current lending programs. This role will be responsible for both creating pipeline of lending opportunities for Inclusiv Capital and Inclusiv Mortgage, and for ensuring the highest quality loan packages are prepared for underwriting.
The Director will work collaboratively with Inclusiv senior staff – particularly the Director of Inclusiv Capital and the Manager of Inclusiv Mortgage, member credit unions and external partners to identify and capture business opportunities to build a pipeline of credit union’s borrowing from Inclusiv Capital and selling through Inclusiv Mortgage.
He/she will be tasked with managing to department goals set annually in accordance with the Inclusiv Strategic plan. Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Build relationships with credit unions interested in becoming seller/servicers for Inclusiv Mortgag
• Coordinate training, technical assistance and support to credit unions both in-person and via webinar.
• Work with credit unions to complete the approval process for delegated seller authority Provide support and training to credit union staff to ensureaccurate and complete loan packages.
• Create and distribute daily loan rate sheets with regular promotion of the program
• Design and execute a minimum of 4 trainings per year
• Support member credit unions with technical assistance related to mortgage program development and marketing
• Engage with credit unions intensively on addressing troubled assets.
• Lead outreach and correspondence with Inclusiv member credit unions to increase loan pipeline
• Design and deliver training for credit unions on secondary capital focusing both on financial structure and growth opportunities
• Support potential borrowers with the development of strong business plans with productive use of proposed secondary capital
• Support potential borrowers with technical assistance related to loan program development
• Support loan underwriting from initial contact through application and loan closing
• Ensure accurate and complete loan packages
• Assist with various forms of reporting and data requests as need
REQUIRED SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
The candidate must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills with a deep understanding of lending, a strong background in customer service, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task. Specific expectations include:
• Undergraduate Degree in finance, accounting or related area required; Master’s degree a plus
• Minimum of 4 years of lending experience
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team within mission-driven work environment
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills are critical to the success of this position.
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with people possessing diverse range of skills and experience in lending and financial institutions.
• Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Excel required.
• High level of integrity, personal organization and flexibility
• Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative, excellent problem solver. Ability to prioritize and organize task completion in alignment with strategic goals.
How to Apply