The Data Analyst works cross departmentally throughout the organization to find more efficient ways to help those in need. They’re responsible for analyzing various types of data, including financial, inventory, as well as qualitative data, to create concise and clear reports that include recommended actions.
· Responsible for reporting relating to Operations, including monthly receipt and distribution reports, dashboards, extensive excel models leveraging SQL queries, and ad-hoc reporting as needed to aid in departmental decision making
· Assist fiscal team members in analyses and reporting to Programs, Communications, and Advocacy departments, including the improvement of internal databases.
· Assist fiscal team members in database management of internal Link2Feed program and reporting.
· Analyzes financial information, identifies trends in financial performance, and provides recommendations based on these findings.
· Works with fiscal team to create and analyze financial reporting monthly, quarterly, and at year end.
· Completes various other ad-hoc analyses, reports, and assignments as they arise.
· 1 – 6 years of experience as a cost, financial, data or pricing analyst
· An academic background in mathematics, accounting, physics, economics, statistics or an equivalent subject
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· A collaborative spirit, open communication skills, and an eagerness to learn
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with the following systems: database or inventory software such as Primarius; budgeting software such as
Dynamics Budgets; accounting software such as Microsoft GP
· Professional, volunteer, or personal experience within food banking, hunger relief programming and/or community food
systems work, or any type of non-profit, social services work.
· Knack for juggling multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy, while operating in a fast paced environment.
· Proficiency in a language other than English, bi-lingual and bi-cultural skills strongly preferred.
· Experience working for a food bank, non-profit and/or personal lived experience of inequity/oppression.
How to Apply
Please apply directly through the Oregon Food Bank website