Direct Service responsibilities:
Team Leadership (20%)
· Actively participate in the Oakland team through weekly meetings
· Oversee and maintain healthy relationships with Site Staff/Community
· Maintaining volunteer relationship
Direct Service (60%)
· Lead comprehensive, holistic, and youth-centered programming with newcomer youth throughout the year, including after-school and summer programming
· Direct program planning & facilitation using the 9-point practice plan and Complete Season Checklist
· Lead player recruitment and retention
· Academic monitoring and advocacy
· Game Preparation (including transportation coordination with Supervisor)
· Communicate with Schools and teachers about participants’ needs, organizing meetings with students and teachers as needed.
· Student & Family Engagement (including house visits and mentor matches when necessary)
Program Support (20%): The Coach-Mentor Program Associate will also play a key role in securing the inputs needed to ensure SWB Oakland can operate successfully, including:
· Timely Monitoring & Reporting (Attendance and Academic Reporting & coordination with SWB staff).
· Collect early warning indicator data and administer pre and post-surveys about student’s feelings of connectedness toward school
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent skills
· Ability to communicate positively and efficiently with many audiences
· Excellent written communication skills, especially over email
· Excellent organizational skills and knowledge to prioritize tasks
· Ability to work independently and take initiative
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to address challenges with creative solutions
· Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
· Commitment to the potential of all young people and the power of sport to create social change.
· Experience with a team sport and/or sports-based youth development organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
· Proficiency in Spanish
· Driver’s License
· The Program Associate position is a full-time (40 Hours/Week) position based at our Oakland, CA office. The typical schedule is Tuesday-Saturday. Occasionally, this position will require night/additional weekend work.
The annual salary includes a monthly Housing Stipend of $850
· Health Care Benefits
· Professional Development training
· Student loan forbearance (on qualifying student loans)
· Access to a large network of SBYD organizations for future career development and networking
· Leadership skills
· Vacation and sick time
Apply to This Job
Please send a meaningful email introduction including how you heard about this position long with a resume to SWB Oakland Program Manager Ye-Htet Soe at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us with our process, please put “Coach-Mentor Fellow” in the title with a cover letter attached. Soccer Without Borders believes that diverse perspectives and experiences make our team stronger and are actively strengthening our inclusive and anti-racist staffing practices. Unfortunately, SWB is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.