● Managing day to day accounting transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
● Responsible for general ledgers and account reconciliations
● Implement fiscal policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
● Assist program staff with preparation of budget proposals
● Responsible for timeliness of grant and contract financial reports
● Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
● Assist with quarterly financial statements
● Assist with grant and contract budget monitoring; ensure expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate and foundation grants
● Assist the CFO in annual budgeting/planning process and annual audit
● Perform special projects or other duties as assigned by CFO
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting
● 3-5 years accounting experience
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy
● Ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
● Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to Sustainable Northwest’s mission and values
● Knowledge of GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
● Experience with fiscal administration of federal contracts
● 1-2 years of non-profit accounting experience
The skills and experience listed above are what we believe is necessary to succeed in this position. However, we encourage all interested applicants to apply and underscore applicable skills unique to you in your cover letter
Sustainable Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and individuals from historically underrepresented groups, whose experience will strengthen our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race or ethnicity, national origin; gender, gender identity or sexual orientation; religion or creed; age, ability, or other legally protected status. We offer reimbursement for reasonable and necessary travel expenses incurred during the final in-person interview.
BENEFITS: Sustainable Northwest offers a generous benefits package supporting employee wellness and offer medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; ample paid time off, sick time, and 11 federal holidays; flexible daily and weekly work schedules; 403(b) retirement plan with employer contributions; cell phone reimbursement; transit and bicycle benefits; pre-tax spending plan for medical and/or dependent care; support for professional training.
Send an email with ‘Senior Accountant’ in the subject line. Email cover letter and resume to Hannah Meganck at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone calls or email inquiries, please. Position will remain open until filled. Interview questions will be provided in advance. References will be requested of finalist candidates.