IMANI HOUSE, Seeks Experienced After-School Group Leaders, Activity Specialists, A Curriclum Specialist, and Specialist in the field of Dance, Yoga or other for an Elementary Program in Park Slope, Brooklyn
Do you have experience working in a public school setting or creating and implementing exciting activities for 4 to 10 year old children?
Are you a retired professional looking for a way to share your skills and experience with children & fellow staff?
Are you a friendly, warm, talented, energetic, team player able to work in a leadership role in a multi-cultural setting?
Do you want to expand your youth or social service skills, and have fun while improving the lives of children?
Can you commit to at least one full school year of employment at an After-School program which runs M – F from 2:45 – 6 pm, and possibly in Summer Camp with longer hours. Depending upon the position, hours may be flexible.
If you feel you are well suited to this position please consider applying. The IMANI HOUSE After-School program engages youth grades Pre-K to 6th grades, in Performing Arts, Athletics, Martial Arts, Steel Pan Band, Academic Enrichment, Fencing, Arts, Crafts, Clubs, Trips, STEM, Leadership and more
Each class has two Classroom Managers/Activity Specialist who are required to supervise children, create lesson plans, help children with homework, various activities and social and emotional development.
We are seeking a number of strong, experienced applicants with well developed skill.
Salary commesurate with experience and educational levels.
Our program is licensed by the State of N.Y. Depart. of Health and is fully insured.
If you think this might be the right job for you, please follow the instructions below – We’d like to hear from you.
For More Info Visit: www.imanihouse.org
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– At least 2 years experience working with children, or at least a two year Associate degree in child development. Retired school instruction – a plus
-Performance Arts Specialist must be professionals in their fields
-Curriculum Specialist must have experience
– Must be friendly, creative, flexible, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
– Must work well with others, be able to create and implement lesson plans and act as a leader
– Be Reliable, punctual, honest, cooperative, with good organizational skills.
– Must be able to pass a background check and complete requisite paperwork
– Skills in art, crafts, athletics, music, drama, dance, or other activities a plus
How to apply
CONTACT: Ms. Latifa Zaid – Zaid@imanihouse.org