Smith Center is a nonprofit health, education, and arts organization with a mission to develop and promote healing practices that explore physical, emotional, and mental resources that lead to life-affirming changes for people affected by cancer and other serious illnesses.
We are looking for a Nonprofit Management and Development Intern for our growing non-profit who will enthusiastically support the Executive Director and Development team. In addition to offering the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, we offer a modest stipend. The ideal candidate will be available a minimum of 30 hours per week, schedule to be determined by candidate and supervisors. The Nonprofit Management and Development Intern will report to the Executive Director (ED).
The ideal candidate will begin as early as March 16, 2015, however start date is flexible.
Nonprofit Management and Development Intern will:
• Assist ED with day to day projects involved with non-profit management and project management including the Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery and other programs
• Administer ED’s correspondence with a number of audiences including: major donors, gala sponsors, program alumni, etc.
• Schedule phone and in-person meetings and maintain accuracy of the ED’s electronic calendar
• Research and prepare ‘briefing’ information and materials for meetings and events
• Facilitate acknowledgement process including ED’s thank you calls to donors; preparing and tracking thank you letters
• Support the ED in managing the Center’s major donor planning process and gala sponsorships including: managing meetings, calls, notes, tracking, and updating donor records with all correspondence
• Superior communication and listening skills
• Macintosh, Word, Excel and Google Calendar proficiency (minimum of Intermediate or above)
• Familiarity with databases like Filemaker Pro, a plus
• Enthusiastically loves organization and efficiency
• Friendly, calm, mature, and flexible
• Desire to learn about managing a nonprofit and/or desire to provide support to a unique 20 year old nonprofit
• Passion for the work, mission and values of Smith Center
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to work at Smith Center and why we should consider your application for the Nonprofit Management and Development Intern position to Michelle Clermont at: Michelle@smithcenter.org. We strongly encourage you to visit our website and learn more about Smith Center and the services we provide before applying for this position.