Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Development Director reports to NAPCA’s President & CEO. The Development Director will create and manage donor processes, events, community outreach, develop fundraising practices and procedures, maintain and develop relationships in the community, and cultivate corporate and individual giving. Qualified candidates will have demonstrable experience and behaviors consistent with NAPCA’s mission, vision, and core values. NAPCA is excited to partner with a passionate director who values transparency, collaboration, and the end goal of helping seniors break free from poverty and social isolation to live in a dignified, culturally appropriate, and connected way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build a fundraising plan to include major and individual gifts, corporate giving, planned giving, and other fundraising efforts as needed including events
· Develop successful identification, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
· In partnership with the CEO, work with the Board of Directors to attract leadership contributions and external solicitation
· Meet prospective donors – individual and corporate – and cultivate relationships
· Coordinate special events, community outreach events, and fundraising events
· Build and maintain a donor management practice to include records management, communication, and recognition
· Work closely with the CEO to build process and company practice
· Work closely with the CFO regarding budgetary impact and goals
· Build and execute a marketing strategy
· Develop a public relations strategy and support staff with public relations concerns
· Other duties as necessary and assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, best practices, and process
· Experience with major individual giving and corporate giving
· Goal-driven, organized, and committed to follow-through
· Strategic planner with a vision for short- and long-term goals
· Proven track record of successfully planned and executed fundraising campaigns
· Management experience preferred
· 5 years minimum progressively responsible experience in non-profit development
· Existing network of industry and corporate contacts for appropriate connections
· Superior communication skills, both written and oral
· Effective presentation skills and persuasive writing skills
· Experience interacting with Boards of Directors and C-suite executives in a professional setting
· Efficient use of and strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
· Social-media savvy, familiar with WordPress, Canva, LGL, NFG, and other common non-profit marketing and data-management solutions
· Strong project and process management abilities
· Passion for working with the AAPI and senior communities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field or equivalent experience.
Expect occasional travel to support events and programming in other NAPCA locations.
Occasional night, evening, and extended-hours work may be required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NAPCA is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. NAPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
How To Apply