Greener Partners seeks a qualified Development Coordinator to join our dynamic team. The Development Coordinator will play a vital role in Greener Partners’ fundraising efforts. He/she will work with the Executive Director and Education Director to implement a comprehensive fundraising plan established by an actively engaged Development Committee. Primary responsibilities include: grant writing and reporting; annual giving; and managing essential back of the house functions related to donor stewardship and procurement. Proficiency using Raiser’s Edge database software preferred.
To be successful, the person in this position will be self-starting, with experience in small-shop fundraising and will have at least 3 years experience in nonprofit development. Organizational skills and a positive attitude will serve you well in this position. There are opportunities for advancement for a successful candidate.
The successful candidate will possess an understanding in fundraising practice, will have previous nonprofit experience, and an appreciation/love for the local food movement. Bachelor’s degree in related field required, and direct work experience with database management or Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
– Excellent writing and verbal skills
– Organized, and attention to details
– Ability to stay on top of approaching deadlines and manage donor stewardship calendar (includes engagement visits, donor communications, and grant reports, some of which will also be performed by the Executive Director and/or Education Director)
– Literate and fluid speaker and writer on the topics of sustainable agriculture and the healthy food movement
– Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
– Willingness to pitch in and be part of a small, but growing team
Founded in 2007 and incorporated as a nonprofit in 2008, Greener Partners has quickly become a regional leader in sustainable agriculture. We manage over 120 acres of organic farmland in Montgomery County and an urban garden in North Philadelphia. Our farms are the platforms for fulfilling our mission, providing meaningful opportunities for children and families to connect with farms, healthy food and their community.
This is a full-time (30 hours/week) position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org