The Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO) is a national association of community health organizations serving Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and other Pacific Islander (AA&NHOPI) populations. AAPCHO’s mission is to promote advocacy, collaboration and leadership that improve the health status and access of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and other Pacific Islanders within the US, its territories and freely associated states, primarily through our member community health clinics. Our vision is to establish a standard of excellence for community-based health care that is equitable, accessible, and culturally and linguistically appropriate to the people we serve.
The Program Intern will be responsible for researching, developing, and disseminating resources that support the organization’s mission. This internship provides a valuable opportunity for an individual who seeks experience in the development of content for various audiences and communications channels.
POTENTIAL PROJECTS may include:
– Conducting literature reviews on issues impacting AA&NHOPI health and health access
– Conducting an environmental scan on specific health topics related to AA&NHOPIs
– Developing and preparing resources (written, audio, and/or video) on issues impacting AA&NHOPI health
and health access
– Updating existing AAPCHO tools and resources
– Identifying potential development and funding opportunities
– Developing a social media campaign around a specific health topic or issue
– Developing a podcast series on culturally and linguistically appropriate health
– Developing a national medically-underserved AA&NHOPI health survey questionnaire
– Conducting a health material assessment and developing recommendations
– Looking into creating animated shorts (e.g., story corps) based on stories in story bank
Students pursuing a Masters in Public Health or similar degree.
Project management experience required.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Effective written, verbal, and communication skills.
Experience working with AA&NHOPI communities is preferred.
Experience with social media platforms a plus (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
Experience with video/audio editing and design software a plus (e.g., iMovie, InDesign, Photoshop).
How to apply
Email resume and cover letter to:
300 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 620
Oakland, CA 94612
Email: Program-Intern@aapcho.org ; Subject Line: 2015 Program Intern