Effectively triages patients with appropriate attention to acuity and the availability of medical providers for urgent care evaluation.
2. Assists in the evaluation of women seeking birth control.
3. Conducts eligibility screening for pregnant women seeking pre-natal care.
4. Provides medical treatment as ordered and performs procedures according to MNHC Nursing Protocols.
5. Oversees Pharmacy refills for patients.
6. Provides leadership, evaluations, and direct supervision to the Patient Services Supervisor, Medical Assistants and support staff: Front Office, Registration, Medical Records and Referral Coordination.
7. Supervises the patient flow in clinical area with particular attention to the appropriate triage as well as the effective communication with other staff that impact patient flow such as Registration, Medical Records, and Referral Coordination.
8. Supervises the preparation of patients for medical evaluation including an assessment that patients are correctly vitalized and monitors availability of charts, labs, and forms.
9. Supervises the adequate stocking of the patient rooms/department and efficient re-ordering of materials.
10. Supervises the disposition of patients after medical evaluation to ensure that the appropriate medical plans are properly enacted including imparting the relevant health education material.
11. Supervises the effective participation in Quality Improvement (QI) Activities with particular attention to the programs and registries for chronic diseases and reports to the QI Committee
12. Assures that all the clinical tracking lists logs, such as Pap, Mammogram, PPD, Pre-Natal, and Vaccines are accurate and up to date.
13. Responsible of overseeing the facilities management of the clinic site.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job requirements satisfactorily. The qualification requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
1. Current California licensure as a Registered Nurse.
2. Bilingual Spanish/English required
3. At least 2 year experience of leading teams and supervising staff
4. Available to work extended hours
5. At least 2 years experience in outpatient/ambulatory nursing.
6. Knowledge and understanding of Latino communities/culture preferable.
About the Company
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary healthcare services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services. We are dedicated to health equity through the provision of culturally- and linguistically-competent services with a focus on the Latino Spanish-speaking communities. At MNHC we are committed to a culture of excellence and financial success to fulfill our mission of providing health care access for all.
Applying for this Job
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond to this posting with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.