The ALS Association, Golden West Chapter
Job Description: Full Time Care Services Assistant
Reports to: Director of Care Services
Job Summary: The Care Services Administrative Assistant will execute a wide range of Care Services related responsibilities both internally (within the organization) and externally (as related to the general public). These responsibilities include communicating regularly with: ALS patients, families, and caregivers, ALS Association Care Services staff, affiliated ALS Clinics and healthcare professionals, the National ALS Association office, and other relevant parties in order to ensure the smooth function and overall coordination of the Department. The Care Services Administrative Assistant must have exceptional verbal (phone) and written (email) skills, be highly organized, possess excellent judgment, be comfortable working within a database, and have confidence in their ability to work independently but also able to collaborate when necessary.
The Care Services Administrative Assistant will assist in connecting ALS patients, families and caregivers with the appropriate Care Services staff in their service area (regional Care Managers and Support Group Facilitators). The Assistant will be in constant communication with regional Care Services staff, who work remotely out in the field. The Assistant will be responsible for coordinating all new patient intakes, maintaining a high volume of patient records in the database, and updating and providing care services related materials to regional Care Services staff and patients. The Assistant will also assist the Director of Care Services in executing specialized initiatives, and collaborating with the Database Manager, Event Staff, and Senior Management Team as necessary to execute specified projects as needed. The Care Services Administrative Assistant will also be in charge of the coordination and documentation of various regional grant projects and regional Care Services Staff and Care Services Committee meetings.
It is essential that the Assistant is a detail-oriented individual who is comfortable dealing with a high volume of emails, phone calls, data entry, and overall communication on a daily basis. In-depth knowledge and familiarity with detailed documentation and database-driven data collection is highly preferred.
• Provide accurate information about Chapter care services, care management and other related programs
• Maintain internal (Chapter-created) and external (outside organization) care services information sheets, resources and online links
• Create and maintain patient records
• Assist with ALS satellite clinic organization
• Attend Chapter meetings, events, and activities as requested
• Maintain effective, collaborative relationships with ALS Association Chapter and National staff and affiliated organizations
• Contact local, state and federal legislative representatives as need for advocacy efforts
• Assist with planning and executing the annual regional Ask The Experts event
Status/Hours: Full-time position at 40 hours per week.
• An overall interest in working with and interacting with many people
• Bachelor’s degree; previous Assistants have had liberal arts degrees in anthropology, sociology or related fields.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
• Excellent follow up skills
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Must have apt understanding of database functionality
• Experience and familiarity with Excel, MSWord, Outlook and database program(s)
• Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs
• Excellent attention to detail
How to apply
Please email a brief description about yourself along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org