Golden Gate Senior Services (GGSS) was established in 1975 with a mission to maintain and improve the well-being of older adults and adults with disabilities. Our neighborhood-based centers, the Richmond and Castro Senior Centers, foster healthy aging through activities, nutrition, education and friendship. The Richmond Senior Center (RSC) provides congregate meals, recreational and educational activities, computer access and classes, fieldtrips and a variety of workshops to support aging in place. With support from the San Francisco Department of Disability and Aging Services (DAS), the RSC also offers an Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), a Community Bridge/Golden Gate Village (GGV), and Home Delivered Groceries (HDG) programs for seniors and adults with disabilities.
Under the supervision of the Community Programs Director, the Operations Manager will support the design, implementation, refinement, and reporting of Richmond Senior Center functions. This position will help to ensure the organization delivers outstanding services that are client-focused. They will organize and coordinate center administration and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
• Ensure smooth operation of office functions
• Coordinate the maintenance of facilities
• Increase operational efficiency and workplace safety
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Support new employee orientation
o Communicate with staff about scheduling
o Manage systems for petty cash and credit card usage
o Manage A/V and phone usage
o Manage the organization’s database
o Develop and implement a protocol for opening and closing the center
o Update the Organizational Chart
o Coordinate tracking for personal protective equipment (PPE) distribution
o Monitor office supplies
o Develop practices to maintain staff morale
o Develop and implement emergency evacuation and workplace safety plans
o Monitor use of storage spaces
o Manage cleaning contract and supervise staff
o Maintain regular communication with building management company
o Ensure all facility equipment is maintained per manufacturer specifications
o Manage service contract vendors
o Coordinate repairs and renovations
• Have at least three years of professional office management experience
• Have working knowledge of how to operate office machines and facilities equipment
• Demonstrate proficiency in use of Microsoft Office 365 and ability to develop additional technical skills as needed
• Communicate well verbally and in writing
• Maintain professional demeanor and judgment, and respect confidentiality
• Demonstrate strong teamwork skills
• Respond with flexibility in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities
• Show initiative and be able to work independently, maintaining openness to supervisory input
GGSS thrives on embracing a diverse community of co-workers, volunteers and participants. Because we believe our team should reflect the community we serve, we are dedicated to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Our hiring decisions are based on the qualifications, achievements and enthusiasm of candidates who support our mission and culture.
GGSS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, or gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other factor not related to the ability to fulfill the requirements of the position successfully.
$30 – $34 per hour, Vacation, Health and Dental benefits
* Bilingual pay differential available for Cantonese, Mandarin, or Russian fluency
HOURS: 30-35 hours per week (Evening and occasional weekend work required)
Please email Claribette Del Rosario, Community Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
1. A thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications;
2. Your resume attached in PDF format.
APPLICATION REVIEW: Accepting applications and will begin to review submissions on 10/11.