PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To work effectively with the Programs Team and all JA New York colleagues to sustain and grow our volunteer & school partnerships, increase program quality, and achieve our goals by reaching a target number of students within the five boroughs of New York City.
S/He will manage a portfolio of volunteer and school accounts, which enables the Associate to serve as the liaison between volunteers and the schools where they deliver programming, concentrating on relationship management and program execution. The person in this position will focus primarily on managing high school volunteers (through a program known as JA New York High School Heroes) and the elementary schools they volunteer in, as well as other key community-based partnerships. This will include recruiting, training, placing, and supporting volunteers, and will include time spent out in the field running volunteer events and being a visible presence to our partners. The Associate will also need to build relationships within assigned schools to strengthen our collaborative efforts to bring JA New York to their students. The Associate will also participate on assigned projects and special events.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Ensure Quality – Implement programs in line with JA New York standards and increase their value to constituents
2. Manage Relationships – Build, manage and strengthen assigned relationships, expand program to new partners
3. Reach Students – Meet or exceed account-based goals to reach a high volume of students within assigned channels
4. Manage Projects – Successfully manage assigned programmatic projects, including coordinating participation of volunteers and students in JA New York events
5. Recruit & Train – Successfully conduct recruitment and training sessions for external constituents
6. Report Data – Prepare accurate updates and progress reports while ensuring that data input deadlines are consistently met
(Education, Experience, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities)
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, evidence of strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to effectively speak in public settings, desire to work with high school volunteers, superior organizational and project management skills, strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, exceptional attention to detail, knowledge of MS Office, ability to work productively both autonomously and in a team setting
1-2 years of work experience (with afterschool organizations, schools, or other non-profit organization a plus). Experience in working with high school students is ideal.
How To Apply