· Shaping and executing Womankind’s advocacy agenda in collaboration with leadership and program staff.
· Cultivation of relationships with key stakeholders, including elected officials, community members, partner agencies, and advocacy organizations.
· Monitoring and analysis of relevant city, state, and national legislative issues.
· Working in coalition with local grassroots leaders and elected officials to create dialogue among the larger Asian community on issues such as policing, violence, poverty, and how they relate to gender justice.
· Oversight of advocacy communications and messaging to various populations, including partner organizations and general supporters.
· Representing Womankind on various panels, speaking engagements, legislative hearing and meetings, taskforces, and coalitions.
· Capacity and knowledge building of macro-level policy and advocacy work among staff, including technical assistance and training facilitation.
Demonstrated experience in immigrant rights, housing rights, anti-poverty work, gender justice, and/or anti-violence advocacy. Organizing background a major plus.
Ability to analyze and articulate issues of gender-based violence from an intersectional viewpoint. Comfort and/or willingness to gather data and information from a wide variety of sources, including social media, websites, legislative documents, and scholarly publications.
Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing to a wide audience.
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with individuals and groups who come from varying political and personal backgrounds.
Knowledge of New York City and New York State legislative, administrative, and budget processes.
Highly resourceful, self-directed, and flexible. Ability to creatively imagine and work towards a vision.
How To Apply