• Create Nick’s daily schedule: We expect that you, with guidance and training from the Chief of Staff, will use your exceptional organizational skills to build a daily schedule for Nick so that his day runs efficiently and smoothly and that his events and meetings are reflective of his priorities. You will do well in this role if you can anticipate the things that Nick will need throughout the day and make sure that they are provided to him or that he has the information he needs. You will also schedule meetings and events for the Chief of Staff (and other team members as-needed).
• Oversee office operations: You would work with the Chief of Staff to create and maintain office systems to track contact information, correspondence, and requests from constituents and other stakeholders. You will support in the preparation and monitoring of budgets and expenses. We would expect you to oversee and equip the office with supplies. You will also be the screener for inquiries from constituents to get them assistance from LAUSD.
• Communicate clearly: To be successful in this role, you should be exceptionally quick to be responsive and manage phones, email, and text from everyone. With guidance from the Chief of Staff, you will learn how to distinguish different levels of urgency to ensure that constituents, district staff, and other stakeholders are given a high level of service, and that Nick is informed appropriately of that outreach.
• Build relationships with stakeholders: It will be helpful for you to build relationships with the constituents, staff, and other stakeholders that the office works with the most. Building rapport over the phone and email is important.
• Execute events: We plan to host a number of community events, and you would play a central role in planning, organizing, and executing these events, including enrollment fairs, community meetings, and town halls.
• Be a team player: We are a small office and there will be a culture of pitching in to help others when needed. You will be a central player in the smooth operation of our office, by staying flexible, positive, and devising solutions. We believe in urgency, courage, hard work, solving problems, and being kind to others.
Excellent ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and meet changing deadlines
Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and maintain systems and a high degree of accuracy
Be a self-starter, problem-solver, and anticipate the needs of others
Working knowledge of email, scheduling, and spreadsheets
Strong written and verbal communication skills
At least 2 years of professional work experience
Grit, a growth mindset and a good sense of humor
How To Apply