Lake View Presbyterian Church 716 W. Addison, Chicago, IL 60613
Job Title: Part-Time Office Manager (30 hours/week)
Reports to: Pastor
Summary: The Part-Time Office Manager supports Lake View Presbyterian Church operations by organizing and coordinating office operations. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, be able to work independently with little or no supervision, maintain confidentiality and demonstrate initiative in accomplishing tasks. Selected benefits available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as executive assistant to Pastors, Associate Pastors, and other church staff including screening calls, managing calendars, filing, managing correspondence, and making travel and/or meeting arrangements.
· Serves as the point person for all inquiries to the church’s main phone and email systems in a welcoming, professional manner.
· Responsible for day-to-day office management including greeting visitors, unlocking/locking church areas for use, keeping public spaces appropriately stocked with inventory and materials, etc.
· Coordinates scheduling of space and activities for internal and external events as well as coordinating advertising activities such as contacting newspapers, ordering and posting signage, etc.
· Performs administrative work for church committees and organizations such as typing correspondence, preparing mailings, receipting of mail, producing presentations, publications or other written/electronic materials, and managing church’s website in accordance with internal and external deadlines.
· Maintains office records such as electronic database (PowerChurch), electronic and paper filing of records, organizing and/or archiving church photos, schedules, publications, etc.
· Coordinates filing of reports, bills, and vouchers in cooperation with church staff and/or church officers.
· Maintains office inventory and equipment including ordering of supplies and ensuring proper maintenance of office equipment.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Post-secondary degree preferred; two or more years of related experience in office management required.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities: The ideal candidate will exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills in working well with people of various ages, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and exhibit a professional commitment to the values of the Presbyterian Church (USA). The ideal candidate will also demonstrate strong technical, organizational, and problem-solving skills. This position requires the ability to work independently, complete tasks in a timely manner, and contribute to building a positive atmosphere at the church. Strong oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills (use of internet, Microsoft applications, working knowledge of database design, working knowledge of web design), and basic mathematical skills also required. Possession of valid driver’s license preferred.
Physical Effort: Due to the variety of position responsibilities and the church’s existing layout, this position requires utilization of stairs multiple times during the workday.
Work Environment: Prominent environmental characteristics include eclectic nature of community/congregation and the need for flexibility based on the day’s changing demands. Hours for this position are Tuesday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm each week. Twice per year this position may require additional hours on a Sunday morning.
How to apply
send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org