Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan and execute several, simultaneous campaigns to improve working conditions in the supply chains of many popular products. Currently, the program’s campaigns focus on the garment, cocoa, and electronics sectors.
2. Research and develop content (blogs, e-blasts, webpages, social posts, and press releases) to educate consumers about various labor justice issues. Work with the publications team to support content on labor justice issues.
3. Create actions for Green America members and the public to take on labor justice issues
4. Speak on behalf of Green America at events and to media about labor justice issues
5. Develop and maintain strong relationships with ally organizations
6. Conduct outreach and engage productively with target companies
7. Work with Green America’s Food, Climate, Paper, and Finance campaigners where there are social justice, climate change, and health/toxins intersections
8. Work with Media Team and consultants on generating earned media.
9. Work with Web and Social Media Teams to ensure Labor and Social Justice content is well-suited for the web and social media, reaching a wide audience, and delivered on time
10. Work with Green America staff to integrate the campaign into Green America’s events, websites, social media, and publications.
11. Assist Development Team with fundraising and grant proposals
12. Take part in Green America staff meetings, annual planning meetings, and budgeting
should have the following skills and qualities:
Strong campaign skills. The ability to conduct powerful campaigns that result in substantive change in targeted entities. Preferred: 2-3 years’ experience with labor or social justice campaigns for the manager level, and 5 or more years’ experience for the director level, and a track record of success.
Experience with corporate campaigning, including strategy development, power mapping, and negotiating with senior management at corporations.
Strong research and writing skills. Experience creating content for various audiences and for web and social media.
A passion for labor and social justice issues, with particular knowledge of one or more of the following issue areas: child labor, forced labor, worker health and safety, environmental justice, climate justice, clothing, cocoa, and/or electronics.
Experience with outreach to communities of color, women’s organizations, and/or international communities.
Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
Proven ability to use social media creatively and effectively, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Strong public speaking skills.
Proven ability to lead coalitions and to reach consensus.
Experience with fundraising.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Willingness to publicly present Green America’s campaigns and mission.
Willingness to travel.
How to Apply:
Provide a cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to Todd Larsen, email@example.com