Coordinates grant proposals, applications, and reports to foundations, corporations, and government agencies; assists with writing and editing internal and external communications; and supports program outcomes measurements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate and government (local, state and federal) sources.
· Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, and government programs to evaluate opportunities for new funding resources.
· Comply with all grant reporting as required by funders.
· Collect data from finance staff to generate financial reports and accurate budgets for grant proposals and reports.
· Work with program staff to identify funding needs, as well as to collect and report information for grant proposals and reports.
· Maintain grants tracking and reporting management system.
· Provide stewardship to current grant donors through communications with program officers and contract managers on issues related to grants management and funder cultivation.
· Coordinate meetings and site visits with current and prospective funders.
· Provide consistent communication for all written institutional materials, including but not limited to grant proposals and reports, annual reports, website, contract monitoring materials, advocacy materials and other official communications.
· Collaborate with Compliance Manager to develop program outcomes measurements.
· Manage outcomes reporting in collaboration with Compliance manager and program staff.
· Run reports in Homeless Management Information System as needed to respond to data requests from staff and funders.
· Contribute to Development and Communications department team effort.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, complex projects with effective attention to detail.
· Demonstrated stewardship experience including generating thank you and acknowledgement letters and anticipating other communication needs that strengthen long-term relationships with donors.
· Demonstrated high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Comfortable working with budgets and interpreting financial statements.
· Demonstrated passion for social justice.
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, and to contribute to team environments.
· Comfortable working with databases.
· Undergraduate degree required, preferred degree in communications, nonprofit management, English, or related field.
· Three years of professional writing experience required. Grant writing experience preferred.
How to Apply
Provide a writing sample and cover letter for full consideration.