The Fair Housing Specialist is responsible for contractual Enforcement and related Fair Housing program activities and reports directly to the Director of Enforcement. The FHS is responsible for: implementing the Testing Program, coordinating systemic and complaint-based tests; and, recruiting, training and retaining testers with the goal of investigating and challenging systemic housing discrimination and residential segregation.
· Designs, coordinates, assigns and analyzes tests to investigate bona fide complaints and systemic audits; determines next steps
· Sets up and conducts fair housing trainings utilizing approved methodologies for testing housing discrimination complaints in the areas of rental, sales, lending, accessibility, and insurance
· Maintains detailed automated and hard-copy case records
· Prepares and presents accurate and reliable summaries of findings, recommendations and relevant statistical data
· Identifies appropriate findings in testing for referral to the Director of Enforcement
· Recruits testers; assists in conducting community outreach and related strategies designed to provide information about fair housing rights and attract fair housing testers
· Develops and implements initiatives that engage and otherwise encourage tester retention
· Updates Enforcement Manual and tester database, as required
· Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual reports to meet reporting requirements of management, Board of Directors, local jurisdictions and federal contracts as required regarding all complaint intake, investigation, referral and training activity
· Assists in coordinating conferences and in-service trainings
· Represents Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc. in outside meetings and seminars, as required
· Shares in organizational development and administrative tasks, as required
· Performs related assignments, as required
· Demonstrated Commitment to Civil Rights and Fair Housing issues
· Knowledge of federal, state and local fair housing, fair lending and accessibility laws
· Knowledge of local housing market, real estate and mortgage lending procedures and practices
· Excellent project management skills; ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Ability to supervise, train and motivate others
· Ability to empower others, engage in continuous leaning initiatives
· Available to work some evenings, weekends
· Ability to maintain and report accurate time/attendance documentation
· Proficiency with searching for and extracting information from the internet, including census data, property records, etc.
· Computer literate, hardware and software (Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Advanced ability to speak, read and write in English
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; self starter and self motivated
· Ability to work effectively with executive level professionals
· Ability to relate comfortably and respectfully to people of different racial, ethnic, social and economic backgrounds
Please email a cover letter, resume to: email@example.com
Please use “Fair Housing Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Cover letter and Resume acceptance will remain open until June 28, 2020.