The Bilingual Coordinator, Wish Logistics is responsible for coordinating the process of granting impactful wishes to eligible children. This includes planning, logistic details, scheduling, researching opportunities, adhering to deadlines, liaising with vendors, communicating with families and children, interacting with volunteers and stakeholders, coaching volunteers and interpreting policies and guidelines. Works with oversight and guidance from the Manager, Wish Logistics.
• Coordinate the process of service delivery
1. Coordinate all specific aspects involved with the logistics of the wish, including but not limited to: transportation, accommodations, supportive services, requests for information, medical equipment, liability forms, and itineraries.
2. Research all options for delivering services and products in the most cost effective, qualitative and creative manner.
a. Utilize available resources provided by the National office and through local development efforts for discounts and in-kind.
b. Develop relationships with vendors who may provide ongoing donated products or services.
3. Update and keep current the Raiser’s Edge database and equivalent paper files on each child to ensure compliance with National Standards and Chapter guidelines.
4. Liaise with vendors (i.e. limo companies, medical equipment rentals, etc.) and constituents (i.e. volunteers, medical community) involved in the wishgranting process.
5. Build and maintain relationships with volunteers to ensure open dialogue and compliance with National Performance Standards and chapter-wide policies and guidelines.
6. Communicate with health care professionals; volunteers and family members to ensure wish is in the best interest of the child.
7. Keep abreast of National and local policies, guidelines and resources as they relate to the wish-granting program.
8. Participate as a productive member of the team at department/staff meetings.
9. Available to be on call on a rotating weekend/evening schedule, to handle child/family emergencies.
10. Facilitate new wish granting volunteer training on a rotating weekend/evening schedule.
11. Represent the Foundation at events and or trainings during and outside of business hours when requested.
12. Work on special projects as needed.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to work within deadlines.
• Flexible and adaptive to change.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve objectives.
• Ability to work within teams.
• Comfortable communicating via phone and e-mail including interpreter services.
• Database and Microsoft Office experience.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; building and sustaining productive long-term relationships.
• Team-oriented and able to successfully work in a collaborative organization.
• Ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency.
• Commitment to and a passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
• Ability to travel on an as needed basis.
• Must be bilingual Spanish – written and oral.
• BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 1-3 years of work experience in Case Management, Health Care, Travel Services or Project Management preferred.
• Must be bilingual – Spanish-speaking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Click here to Apply Online