* At End of Life Washington (EOLWA), we envision a world where people understand their end-of-life choices and can die on their own terms without barriers.
* End of Life Washington upholds your right to the full range of end-of-life choices, including Death with Dignity (DWD), through advocacy, education, and support.
* EOLWA provides free end-of-life counseling and client support services throughout the State of Washington to qualified clients who desire a peaceful death. We encourage advance planning and set a new standard in Washington for advance planning documents with our End of Life Washington Advance Directive.
* EOLWA was a key player leading the coalition that passed Initiative 1000–the Washington Death with Dignity Act–into law in 2008. We now steward, protect, and uphold the law.
* Our work is focused on providing volunteers to meet with clients who are making end-of-life choices, including using the Death with Dignity Law in the State of Washington. EOLWA also provides information on end-of-life options by providing documents, education, and advocacy.
The Administrative Services Manager is responsible for a combination of day-to-day operations, technology, communications and development tasks of End of Life Washington. This position also provides assistance with client support, community education, and development.
Operations 25% Bookkeeping: Write checks, pay bills. Generate reports. Work with accountant to produce 990 and generate other tax paperwork. Maintain all necessary receipts and other related files.
Payroll/HR: Solicit timesheet information from employees and contractors, and process monthly payroll. Maintain employee and contractor files. Assist with onboarding of new employees and contractors. Interface with benefits providers. Solicit and process staff and contractor mileage and expense reimbursements.
Office Management: Process incoming mail. Calculate postage and drop off all outgoing mail. Maintain office equipment and supplies. Track operational expenses and strategize to minimize them – research and recruit new vendors as needed. Interface with all existing vendors. Document creation, retention, and filing management, both physical and electronic. Ensure compliance with local/state/federal requirements. Manage contract renewals for insurance, office vendors, etc. Board of Directors support, including onboarding, off-boarding, coordinating meetings, and preparing meeting materials. Maintain needed organizational licenses. Manage phone system and virtual receptionist, retrieve messages. Light facilities maintenance.
Manage organizational IT and liaise with all contracted tech support. Troubleshoot database, general IT, equipment, and other issues with staff and volunteers. Connect new volunteers to the client database.
Process all donations – data entry and deposits. Generate thank you and acknowledgement letters and respond to donor inquiries. Maintain donor records and database. Run donor reports as requested. Assist with communications and mailings. Event support as needed.
Maintain and generate content for website, including manage website event calendar as well as internal office calendars. Assist in the development of annual communications plan. Implement social media plan and digital communications plan. Participate in the quarterly newsletter development and lead on the distribution. Coordinate with EOLWA staff, board and volunteers for content and messaging. Track impact and develop engagement reports as requested.
Maintain sufficient supplies of written materials for distribution – event packets and Wonderfiles. Distribute materials as necessary. Manage inventory and supervise creation of materials. Maintain and update documents and electronic files.
Supervise and recruit office volunteers and support their work as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree Preferred, 2 plus years of experience in office
management, bookkeeping, information technology, Microsoft 365, database management
and social media.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Office Volunteers
$43,000-$47,000 Depending on experience. Includes a generous benefits package of health care, vision, dental insurance and retirement contribution.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Administrative Services Manager” as the “Subject.” Deadline: May 15, 2020, or until the right candidate is found.