General Duties and Responsibilities
The group facilitator is responsible for facilitating (with support from NCJW|LA staff), coordinating and implementing monthly meetings for women in the support network. This role will work towards building community, fostering personal connections, supporting working moms with ongoing challenges, and offering opportunities for goal setting. Group Facilitator is responsible for providing an emotionally safe space for group activities. Candidate must have strong active listening skills to encourage and inspire positive change and creativity within the small community group.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Ability to understand, appreciate and interact with people from cultures or belief systems different from one’s own perspective. An attitude that supports equality, equity/fairness, and justice. Sees diversity as a strength and seeks unity.
• Understanding of the economic inequalities and inequities that have impacted working women and mothers.
• Ability to identify and manage emotional crises by recognizing, emphasizing, and understanding how traumatic experiences impact behavioral, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being.
• One year of group or discussion facilitation experience with historically marginalized groups.
Key Qualifications & Skills:
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, women’s studies, and or social work.
• Bilingual (Spanish & English) highly preferred. We welcome other languages.
• First or second-year master’s student in social work, psychology/counseling, and or public health related programs. We highly encourage graduate students to apply!
Apply to This Job
Please send a cover letter and resume to Selene Lopez, NCJWLA Enrichment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Wellness Network Facilitator” in the subject line. All
materials are due by 3 pm on Friday, June 9.