About the Role
The New Jersey Symphony’s Development team is responsible for raising a total of $7MM – $9MM from individuals, foundations, corporations, government and special events to advance the mission the Symphony. The Philanthropy Officer is an essential front-line fundraiser who will have the exciting opportunity to expand our annual fund program, with a focus on Amadeus Circle donors ($2,500 – $25,000).
You are responsible for strategy metrics including (but not limited to): Major Gifts – new gifts and pledges, number of prospect meetings, proposals presented and closed, etc., with a keen eye toward elevating individuals from annual giving to the higher levels of support on the giving pyramid.
Your ability to prospect and find new supporters and upgrade exiting donors will make you superstar in this role! This is an exciting time to join the New Jersey Symphony as we are heading into our Centennial Season which will create wonderful learning opportunities for anyone in this role. You are fearless when it comes to fundraising, creative, driven and have a sense of humor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify at least 25-50 major or planned gift prospects annually
Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 75-150 current and prospective major gift donors giving between $2,500 – $25,000
In collaboration with the Senior Director and the other Philanthropy Officer, execute a detailed strategy and solicitation timeline for the Amadeus Circle program
Build strong personal relationships with your portfolio of donors through strategic phone calls, personalized email communications, formal presentations, and events
Design and supervise systems that support good stewardship and membership benefits to support donor retention and acquire new donors
In partnership with the other Philanthropy Officer, oversee the Monmouth, Summit and Amadeus Circle Councils. Including running the respective Councils meetings, setting agendas and finding new members.
In collaboration with Gift Processing and Development Operations, maintain accurate donor records in donor database (Tessitura)
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and education
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Have 4+ years of experience working in a development office and able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment where the ability to multi-task is essential.
· Have advanced MS Office skills.
· Experience working with a CRM database such as Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.
A successful applicant will have the following traits
· Demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
· Is extremely poised and is comfortable addressing a variety of audiences, both internal and external, with a true entrepreneurial mindset and professional demeanor.
· Possess extraordinary attention to detail with the ability to think critically about tasks at hand.
· Demonstrates appreciation for working in an environment where sensitivity and confidentiality is required.
· Possess the ability to adjust quickly to constantly changing priorities and be responsive to feedback.
· Ability to learn Tessitura.
· Salary range is $75,000 – $85,000.
· Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays; and provide own transportation to donor meetings, multiple NJ Symphony performance venues and donor meetings.
· Must provide have a car and valid New Jersey driver’s license.
Hours: Hybrid work model. We work two days in the office and other days remote. Full time, Monday through Friday. Additional evenings and weekends may be required, specifically for working at concerts and events in multiple locations throughout northern and central New Jersey.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – Email tile must be “Philanthropy Officer” – [applicant name]”