Primary responsibilities will include:
● Conduct data clean up monthly in Salesforce;
● Work with program staff to ensure data is correctly captured and reported;
● Monitor with Grants Supervisor to ensure we are meeting our grant deliverables;
● Track deliverable progress and be prepared to report regularly, flagging under performance or other issues;
● Prepare and submit grant reports via email or using funder portals;
● Calendar and track grant/contract timelines and reporting dates;
● Maintain grant/contract documentation on Google Drive and the server;
● Support program staff with coordination and project management on collaborative grants that include partner organizations;
● Support with research for grant applications;
● Support with preparing narrative responses for grant applications;
● Work subcontractors to ensure invoices and reports are submitted to Centro in a timely manner;
● Support with preparation of organizational data requests used for fundraising efforts or other reports;
● Other tasks as assigned
● The applicant must profoundly share Centro Legal’s mission and vision of racial, economic and social justice.
● At least one year of experience working at a community-based organization committed to serving low-income communities, Black communities, and communities of color preferred, but not required;
● Experience with clerical and administrative tasks;
● Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
● Passion for improvement of systems and processes;
● Excellent writing, research, analytical, design, and verbal communication skills;
● Ability to work independently, effectively strategize, teach, and make recommendations for new opportunities to advance the mission of Centro Legal; and
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity within the office and a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences regarding race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, socio-economic circumstance, immigration status, and record of arrest or conviction.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience ranging from $24.13-28.65. We provide a generous benefits package, including life insurance, LTD, leave policies, vacation, and December holiday office closure at full pay.
Given the urgent need for these services, Centro Legal aims to fill this position within days. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should apply without delay. To apply, send a brief cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references by email to email@example.com. Include “Grants Coordinator” in the subject line.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Organization: Founded in 1969 and located in Oakland, California, Centro Legal de la Raza (Centro Legal) is a legal services agency focused on strengthening low-income and noncitizen families and individuals by providing multilingual and culturally-competent legal representation, education, and advocacy. Our mission is to protect and expand the rights of low-income people and promote access to justice for thousands of individuals and families each year throughout Northern and Central California. Our immigrants’ rights practice is focused on serving the needs of our most vulnerable community members, including families living in poverty, unaccompanied minors, victims of violent crimes, survivors of domestic and sexual violence, and detained and incarcerated people. We offer comprehensive, full-service direct representation to our clients before the immigration courts, USCIS, and federal courts, as well as provide legal rights education and client intake through our various immigration clinics. We specialize in detained and non-detained removal defense with a heavy emphasis on asylum and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), family-based visa petitions, U visas for victims of violent crime, and naturalization.