The Rohr Center for Jewish Life at Haverford, Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore Colleges
The Rohr Center for Jewish Life-Chabad House serves as a resource for the students and faculty of the Haverford, Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore colleges. RCJL offers programming and classes on and off-campus, as well as hospitality Shabbat and holiday dinners at the Center. We have established the Chabad House, a place where Jews of all backgrounds can enjoy exploring their Jewish heritage in a warm, welcoming and non-judgmental environment.
The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting Rabbi Gurevitz, the center’s director, in planning, coordinating and implementing a comprehensive fundraising program including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship to raise funds for The Rohr Center for Jewish Life. The Development Assistant will be expected to select and implement appropriate fundraising methodologies such as written grant proposals, re-solicitations of previous donors, and most importantly, researching prospective donors. While prospective donor and foundation identification will constitute the bulk of the Development Assistant’s responsibilities, the assistant should be willing to assist in the areas of event planning, communications and administrative organization.
● Able to take initiative, set goals, and conduct follow up without direct supervision
● Must be comfortable multitasking, while remaining detail oriented
● Highly organized
● Very strong interpersonal skills
● Exceptional ability to be a thoughtful, persuasive, and enthusiastic advocate for The Rohr Center’s mission
● Is proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with databases/fundraising software a plus
● Prior experience in fundraising, non-profit development or higher education development
DO NOT CALL – EMAIL ONLY
Preferred Experience: Minimum one year or very skilled entry level
Job Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
How to apply
Send resumè and cover letter to Randie Katzel at email@example.com