If the beach is your happy place, this is the job for you! The Corporate Outreach Associate is a seasonal (Apr-Sept), part time (15-25 hours/week) responsible for assisting in the running of Heal the Bay’s corporate cleanup program, Suits on the Sand. The program is an excellent networking opportunity to connect with LA’s leading businesses, such as: Snap Chat, Google, and Northrup Grumman. The program offers groups a unique and engaging opportunity to explore marine pollution through a team building beach cleanups. The cleanups are generally schedule during the week with an occasional weekend request.
Specific Corporate Outreach Associate job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Coordinate and execute beach cleanups at locations around Santa Monica Bay.
o Schedule and coordinate volunteers, load/unload/drive company truck with supplies, set up and break down cleanup supplies at the beach site(s), check-in attendees on-site, lead the educational and safety talk for corporate groups, communicate with clients as a representative of Heal the Bay.
· Data entry for beach cleanup totals (number of total participants, pounds of trash collected, number of cigarette butts collected, etc.)
· Support Development Department as needed.
· Support other program offerings such as, but not limited to: Community tablings, Lunch & Learn, Aquarium offerings, Earth Month and other programming.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Must have valid CA driver’s license;
· Must be comfortable driving a full size pick up;
· Strong desire to share passion for Heal the Bay’s mission and the beach;
· Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, with public speaking experience;
· Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team;
· Ability to work effectively with the diverse communities of Los Angeles County
· Occasional weekend work is required;
The employee is regularly asked to reach with hands and arms; the employee is regularly asked to talk or hear;
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
The employee is asked to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds;
The employee is regularly asked to be in outdoor weather conditions;
Schedule: This is a summer seasonal position until September 30, 2022 with possible option to extend.
This is a non-exempt, part time position (15-25 hrs/week) with no benefits.
Heal the Bay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status and we strongly encourage applications from individuals that reflect the diversity of Los Angeles County.
Heal the Bay complies with AB 1008, the Fair Chance Act, during the hiring process. Once a conditional job offer has been made the candidate will be asked to complete a Live Scan criminal background check. A thorough assessment of conviction history will be considered including: the nature and gravity of the criminal history, the time that has passed since the conviction, and the nature of the job the candidate is seeking.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to WDubarry@healthebay.org with subject line “Outreach Associate”.