ABOUT THE ROLE
The Community Fundraising Senior Associate serves a critical role in the execution of BCRF’s communications and engagement strategy, and reports to the Assistant Director of Community Fundraising.
She/he/they is a primary driver of the day-to-day activities of BCRF’s online peer-to-peer fundraising program, which is an important donation revenue source for the organization.
The Community Fundraising Senior Associate is on the frontlines for the organization, providing one-on-one fundraiser support and direct customer service to our grassroots supporters. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. The incumbent should be familiar with the nonprofit industry and peer-to-peer fundraising, energized to inspire and support donors, and extremely engaged in community building and social media. She/he/they is also sensitive to the challenges of people living with—and being treated for—breast cancer, and empathetic to those who have lost loved ones to the disease.
The Community Fundraising Senior Associate is responsible for the acceleration and transformation of BCRF’s peer-to-peer fundraising program—helping elevate awareness of the program and activating the grassroots community to increase participation and channel revenue. She/he/they is tasked with developing innovative grassroots revenue initiatives, creating fundraising toolkits, building marketing and promotional programs, and project managing updates and enhancements to the fundraising technology platform.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Work closely with the Assistant Director of Community Fundraising to formalize a strategic plan for developing broad community awareness of BCRF’s peer-to-peer program and engaging new and existing volunteers and donors
· Conceptualize online revenue strategies and implement programs that will galvanize the breast cancer community in supporting research
· Stay current on, and have a deep understanding of, the peer-to-peer fundraising landscape
· Participate in conferences and webinars to elevate insight into successful community fundraising tools and programs
· Stay current on other peer-to-peer platforms (outside of Classy) and make strategic recommendations of new and emerging peer-to-peer digital and social technologies
· Contemplate ways to grow BCRF’s peer-to-peer program and seek out and support new “race” opportunities (in addition to the NYC marathon, etc.)
Engagement & Fundraiser Support
· Serve as a main point of contact for those hosting fundraisers to support BCRF
· Passionately communicate BCRF’s mission, approach, impact and efficiency to the grassroots community
· Assist donors with Classy (BCRF’s donation and fundraising platform) questions, including: helping to process donations, issuing refunds, sending receipts
· Provide guidance and information about BCRF for fundraisers to use as they communicate with their friends, family, and networks
· Proactively reach out to supporters who create new fundraising pages, thank these fundraisers for their interest/effort, offer support and assistance, provide tools and tips to increase conversion and loyalty
· Connect with select past fundraisers annually with the aim to reactivate fundraisers and increase loyalty and engagement
· Work with the gaming community to facilitate streams/events that support BCRF; provide support, as needed, to help gamers communicate BCRF’s mission to their followers
· Provide BCRF materials, toolkits and goody bags to supporters to boost fundraiser success
· Monitor and order BCRF brand (and goody bag) supplies, pamphlets, and bracelets
· Assist with the execution and monitoring of BCRF’s fitness challenges and year-round engagement program, including messages and inquiries received through Facebook Messenger
· Monitor and manage emails in BCRF’s digital and fundraising inbox
· Build co-branded campaign pages on the Classy platform for corporate partners or other special grassroots fundraising teams/events
· Send handwritten and electronic thank you notes to select grassroots supporters—large and small—thanking them for their efforts and support
Content & Amplification
· Flag fundraisers – small and large – for coverage in BCRF’s social media, blog, emails, print publications and brand campaigns
· As a member of the Communications and Engagement team, work with colleagues to identify unique stories to pitch to news outlets in key markets across the U.S.
· Cheerlead fundraisers who are active on social media channels
· Find ways to develop in-person cheerleading events for fundraisers (where safe and appropriate)
· Assist with third-party peer-to-peer fundraising programs, including the NYC Marathon and Half Marathon and help to identify additional programs for BCRF to participate in
· Engage corporate partners (and the BCRF staff) to boost peer-to-peer fundraising among employee populations.
Revenue & Analytics
· Facilitate data management and accuracy between online tools and BCRF’s Raiser’s Edge database
· Track number of BCRF fundraisers and generate key performance indicators for the program
· Leverage data and analytics to provide regular reports that will enhance our understanding of BCRF’s online fundraising; measure giving trends and provide strategic recommendations to drive growth and increased engagement
· Assess BCRF’s current fundraising platform (Classy) and make recommendations for user experience enhancements that ultimately would drive conversion and revenue
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
· The massive—and very real—impact that we make every day;
· How to accelerate our work through our talented team; and
· How to operate within a successful not-for-profit that punches well above our weight.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Bachelor’s degree (in digital communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, business or related field is a plus)
· 2-5 years of experience in peer-to-peer fundraising, development, community activism, or event planning
· Skilled with peer-to-peer fundraising tools, CMS platforms and CRM tools
· Proven experience in translating peer-to-peer insights into key actionable items
· Demonstrated ability to set strategy, mobilize communities, and implement effective marketing initiatives
· Genuine interest in women’s health, social activism, and community building
· Understanding of today’s nonprofit landscape, fundraising platforms, and social media
· Ability to thrive in a high paced, highly creative environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Critical thinker accustomed to working and problem solving in strategic and diplomatic ways
· Strong communications and writing skills; fluency in Spanish a plus
· Thorough research and analytical skills
· Project management skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
The Community Fundraising Senior Associate must be able to provide support of fundraising activities, BCRF events and other key moments taking place outside of business hours, including at night and occasionally on weekends (with advance notice); occasional travel required.
While performing the duties of this role, you would regularly work in a hybrid remote/in-office arrangement in New York City.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
Given the nature of this particular role and the pre-planned calendar of events, the incumbent should expect to attend BCRF fundraising events and professional development conferences, whether virtual or in-person. In-person events may involve evening, overnight, or weekend time.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line Community Fundraising Senior Associate to email@example.com. Candidates who share both why they’re a good fit and their salary expectations are more likely to qualify. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. All inquiries will be held in confidence.