The Clinical Social Worker (Clinician) possesses and implements the generic knowledge and educational background applicable to working with formerly incarcerated individuals, groups, families, other disciplines and community services within and outside A New Way of Life Reentry Project (ANWOL). The Clinician works with all appropriate systems on behalf of the client, and will visit all of the reentry facilities. The Clinician will provide a model of social service delivery that includes counseling and case management services.
Essential Job Duties (other duties may be assigned):
• Completes intake assessments, and formulates and implements treatment plans for all clients including any case-management services required
• Conducts regular therapy sessions with the women residents as indicated by the treatment plan and client need
• Provides consultation services to other professionals when requested/necessary • Attends all meetings, groups and training sessions as directed by their supervisor and/or directors
• Completes all required paperwork in the CHAMP system with the Office of Diversion & Reentry maintaining appropriate billable activity for the contract
• Supervise and approve the CHAMP data/case notes entered into the CHAMP system. • Adheres to ethical and legal standards of the agency and profession
• Represents the agency in a professional manner in meetings, groups and training sessions • Takes responsibility for gathering knowledge and developing the skills needed to perform job duties
• Performs all other tasks as instructed by Designated Supervisor
• Represents agency at various community meetings;
• Is willing to act as preceptor to a social worker intern.
• Requires considerable concentration in the face of frequent interruptions.
• Routine contacts are required with persons internally or with the public on matters pertaining to the regular flow of work.
• Duties involve knowledge and use of confidential information of major
• To perform this job successfully, the applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• MSW/LCSW required
• Ability to hear and verbally communicate with others
• Must be able to learn/use necessary computer programs
• Must have visual, physical, and technical ability to independently use general office equipment, including copier, scanner and a computer.
• Three to five years clinical experience preferred
• Valid state driver’s license and acceptable DMV record required
Terms of Employment:
Candidate must live in the Los Angeles region, and have regular use of a personal vehicle; some travel required.
Apply by sending cover letter and resume to: email@example.com