Responsible for processing payroll, employee benefits, cash receipts and tax reports.
1. Process in-house payroll for 280+ employees: update records, verify accuracy of the information, resolve payroll issues and prepare federal and state quarterly tax reports (FICA, FUTA, SUTA, L&I, W-2’s, etc).
2. Process benefits paperwork (medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending account, transit), garnishments and appropriate billings.
3. Manage cash receipts: post monthly cash entries and monitor daily cash receipts.
4. Prepare monthly State Revenue report and quarterlyCity of Seattle Revenue report.
5. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
6. Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote Equity and Inclusion.
7. Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
1. BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. CPP certification a plus.
3. Three (3) years’ payroll and general accounting experience.
4. Experience with accounting software. Knowledge of Great Plains a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Ten key proficiency.
2. Advanced proficiency with Excel and Word.
3. Demonstrated analytical ability in accounting environment.
4. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
5. Must be able to work without supervision and contribute to a successful accounting team.
6. Must be bondable.
7. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Note: All employees are subject to periodic Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Checks and must complete a Criminal History Self-Disclosure Form.
Salary and Benefits: $19.00 – $23.00 per hour, plus our full benefits package.
How to apply
NOTE: It is important to follow the instructions contained in this section, as only complete packets will be reviewed.
Please submit the following three (3) items:
1. Cover letter describing your relevant experience and your interest in this position.
2. Current résumé.
3. Completed Senior Services application form (download from www.seniorservices.org)
Send, email, fax or deliver all three (3) items listed to:
2208 Second Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-2055
Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax materials to: 206-309-7432
Only complete packets will be considered.
Position Closes: March 20, 2015 end of business (5:00pm)
Interviews will be conducted on or about March 25, 2015.