Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for all finance, budget planning, accounting, financial and grant reporting, and human resources management for the Oakland Symphony.
Two to three days/week, hours can be partly flexible.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and metrics for executive staff, finance committee, and board of directors.
• Provide financial information and metrics for grant applications and reporting.
• Coordination of annual budget process.
• Routine financial forecasting and cash flow planning.
• Manage work of support staff who provide some data entry.
• Staff monthly finance committee meetings, quarterly investment committee meetings.
• Coordinate annual audit activity, provide information needed by auditor personnel.
Administrative leadership and management
• Serve as partner to Executive Director in financial and administrative activities—including HR, payroll and benefits administration, certain office operations, and information technology.
• Manage banking, insurance, other financial relationships.
• Five or more years experience in accounting, nonprofit experience a plus but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
• Excellent people skills, experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, dynamic team.
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities, creating efficiencies, guiding staff.
• Technologically savvy, with solid skills in QuickBooks, Excel, other programs.
• Flexible and a self-starter; highly detail-oriented while also strategic thinker.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to Oakland Symphony mission.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY