The Executive Assistant will fulfill the critical role of supporting the Chief Operating Officer in order to advance the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s mission and goals.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Schedule meetings with internal staff, vendors, and other key constituents.
· Make travel, meeting, and other event arrangements as needed.
· Provide general correspondence via email, phone, and other means for communication with outside vendors and other key constituents. May include mail merging documents.
· Schedule and start GoToMeeting conference calls as needed.
· Create presentations, reports, and spreadsheets as requested.
· Provide research on critical issues as requested, through internet-based searches and direct contact with relevant parties.
· Responsible for completing monthly expense reports for COO, including departmental coding of expenses per ALDF’s chart of expense accounts.
· Responsible on a quarterly basis for combining multiple department PowerPoint reports into single document for the board.
· Create and maintain electronic and paper filing systems as needed.
· Arrange for COO to sign any documents requiring signature. Schedule notarization if necessary.
· Create detailed Outlook appointments for COO’s travel, meeting, and other event arrangements.
· Create and update COO’s contacts.
· Organize occasional events and meetings, including planning for meals onsite and offsite (e.g. vendor meetings, leadership team meetings, donor meetings, etc.)
· Interface with Leadership Team for annual and quarterly planning and reporting purposes.
· Manage and oversee planning, attendance, and agenda for annual and regular all-staff meetings, Leadership Team meetings, and other meetings.
· Oversee scheduling of quarterly staff performance evaluations.
· Regularly execute special projects as assigned.
· Provide occasional support to other senior executives, as directed by COO
Must have minimum 3-5 years’ experience in similar administrative position.
Candidates with experience supporting high level executive staff preferred.
Valid California driver’s license and insurance.
· Must be trustworthy and use discretion when handling highly confidential information.
Must be “computer literate” with strong working knowledge of common computer applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, Skype, Web browsers, etc. Familiarity with mail merge a plus.
Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and be able to meet deadlines.
Must be able to think strategically and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining composure.
Must have a positive attitude and be able to work cooperatively with others and function well in a team-oriented work environment.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with staff, Board, donors, vendors, and the public.
Must understand and be committed to the mission of Animal Legal Defense Fund.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have excellent references relevant to similar positions held.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits package, including 100% employer paid health insurance for employees and 24 days of PTO annually. Casual office environment includes companion animals.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.