CREATE Arts Center Inc. (CREATE) seeks an experienced Bookkeeper with substantial accounting knowledge and skills and extensive experience providing services to nonprofits. The position will be for approximately 15-20 hours per month, with additional time to prepare for annual independent audits. The Bookkeeper is responsible to ensure the accuracy of cash, credit and deposit transactions as well as maintain the filing of documents and preparing reports as needed.
The Bookkeeper will work closely with the Executive Director and CREATE staff to ensure that the accounting operations and banking functions of the organization run smoothly. This position is based in Silver Spring, MD.
• Working with CREATE staff to ensure incomes, expenses, payroll, and other data are entered correctly into QuickBooks
• Maintaining vendor and financial files
• Acting as liaison and communicating with vendors on behalf of CREATE
• Preparing and posting account receivables and make deposits on behalf of CREATE
• Preparing monthly financial statements for management and the Board
• Assisting the Executive Director in organizational planning to ensure achievement of financial budgeting objectives
• Accounts Payable and Receivable
• Preparing monthly reconciliations for bank accounts, credit cards, and merchant accounts to ensure accuracy
• Assisting and advising CREATE staff on budgets for funding proposals and detailed organization budget and cash flow projections
• Working closely and collaboratively with audit firm on preparing annual 990 tax returns and conducting financial audit
• Assisting with ad-hoc special projects, filing of documents, and miscellaneous bookkeeping related tasks as needed
• At least 5+ years bookkeeping experience utilizing a proficient working knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
• Accounting degree preferred
• Experience working with a nonprofit organization
• Friendly and cooperative work style
• Excellent communication skills, ability to introduce new ideas with confidence and flexibility
• Self-starter, detail-oriented and efficient
• Experience and/or interest in the fields of art, art education, and/or art therapy
• Experience with “hands on” nonprofits
ABOUT CREATE ARTS CENTER
Since 1986, CREATE has been committed to enriching the lives of individuals and strengthening our community by providing arts education, enrichment, and therapeutic art programs that aim to educate, inspire, and support. Our mission is to spark creativity, foster learning, empower individuals, and facilitate community connections through the visual arts. For more information, please visit www.createartscenter.org.
CREATE Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a commitment to diversity in the workplace.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY