Job Description: The Bookkeeper is responsible for providing general administrative, office, and program support related to the organization’s financial operations.
· Process all accounts payable (enter bills, obtain/ensure approvals, print checks, assemble for signature and mail)
· Process all accounts receivable (create customer invoices, record customer payments, create customer credits as needed)
· Record all debit and credit card transactions in QuickBooks and communicate with staff to obtain missing receipts
· Track grant expenditures for cost reimbursement contracts (including copying receipts)
· Work directly with vendors to obtain necessary paperwork and invoices
· Maintain timesheets for maintenance staff
· Take deposits to bank twice per week
· File and copy financial documents
· Respond to vendor and resident inquiries and resolve discrepancies
· Reconcile Excel rent journals with QuickBooks customer balances monthly
· Provide back-up support to Office Manager, as needed
· Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
· Three years relevant accounting/bookkeeper experience, previous non-profit experience preferred.
· QuickBooks (including class allocation) and Excel experience required (minimum of three years)
· Must be organized and exhibit superb attention to detail and timelines
· General computer literacy required (Microsoft Office suite, Internet, etc.)
· Ability and willingness to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision.
· High level of organization, attention to detail, and ability to complete tasks.
Additional Requirements: Employee must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check, motor vehicle records check, and have a valid Texas Driver’s License to be eligible for employment. Position requires reliable transportation. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Please email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Christa Noland, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.greendoors.org for more information. Please do not contact by phone. EOE.