As accounting associate, you will handle the daily administrative accounting duties of the organization. This part-time role (2-3 days a week; 14-21 hours) supports accounts payable administration and processing, cash receipts and deposits, general ledger maintenance, record keeping, and clerical support to certain employees. This role will be expected to go into the NY office 1-2 times a week to check the mail for the finance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
· Maintain the general ledger by verifying, allocating and posting transactions.
· Process accounts payable and employee expense reports ensuring all required documentation has been collected with appropriate management approvals.
· Process and record accounts payable transactions; ensure invoices, expenses, and staff reimbursements are coded and allocated accurately.
· Accurately record receivables and prepare bank deposits.
· Maintain records of financial transactions by ensuring compliance and legal requirements are met.
· Oversee bank accounts maintaining balances necessary for operating expenses and requesting funding as needed.
· Reconciles bank accounts monthy and records bank transactions as needed.
· Ensures general ledger cash balance is up to date.
· Maintain vendor files in subsystem and ensures all legal documentation has been received.
· Maintain insurance policy schedule.
· Reconcile petty cash quarterly.
· Balances intercompany accounts by reconciling journal entries.
· Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
· Assist in the annual audit process by preparing and compiling required documents and requests.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing ad hoc assignments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
· Minimum 2 – 3 years of proven experience as a AP clerk, bookkeeper or relevant accounting position in an office setting.
· Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
· Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular) & intermediate skill with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Hands-on experience with an ERP.
· Basic knowledge of GAAP.
· Excellent organizational skills, strong communication tactics and have the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Experience navigating between office and virtual settings.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
· Compensation: $35/Hour
· Generous PTO, Sick and Floating Holidays
· Monthly Healthcare Reimbursement
Note: The salary range is based on the Foundation’s approach and commitment to providing competitive and equitable compensation. The range shared is a guideline for the salary offered, which will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, special licensing or qualifications, unique skillsets, and other factors which will impact their contribution to the role and Foundation as a whole. In addition, the Foundation completes regular compensation analysis which aligns with our equitable compensation philosophy.
APPLICATION / INTERVIEW PROCESS
All applications should submit resume and separate a cover letter inclusive of salary requirements to