Dear Future Intern,
Would you want to spend time online sharing about all things Africa? Harass people and your favorite celebrities… for good? You might be a great fit for our Social Media intern position.
The Social Media Intern will assist the Director of Communications in a variety of areas including: online content development, social media management, and company announcements. As the architect of Act4Accountability’s external voice, the incumbent must demonstrate a mastery of professionalism, storytelling, and cultural competency necessary to promote ACT4’s core mission of building a stronger culture of African & Diaspora accountability.
The Social Media Intern must understand the broad field of social media, and be able to assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of digital strategies. The position requires proven writing and editing skills, experience with external corporate communications, and the ability to stay on top of trending stories. Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines are high priorities.
Flexibility is essential in response to changing priorities.
Portfolios will be accepted, but are not required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
1. Serve as a central point of contact and coordination for social media, digital strategy, and content marketing.
2. Plan and execute an editorial calendar.
3. Develop digital content for social media and advocacy actions, and occasionally blog posts and newsletters.
4. Manage social media engagement on ACT4’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages.
5. Strategize day-of message dissemination for events, conferences, Twitter chats, and other live occasions.
6. Complete monthly analytic reports.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
· B.S. or B.A. degree, plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Social media savvy.
· Knowledge of high level in any combination of the following: Africa Affairs, nonprofit, NGO, International Development.
· Ability to work independently, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
· Natural gift for coordinating tasks that require interdepartmental input.
· Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and responsiveness to changing requirements.
· Capacity to collect data, evaluate procedures, write reports, make recommendations and implement change as needed.
· Computer skills and an advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Passion for solving problems that impact Africans and the diaspora.
· Graphic design skills.
· Photography talent.
HOW TO APPLY