The mission of Safe and Sound (formerly San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center) is to prevent child abuse and reduce its devastating impact. Safe and Sound implements a three-prong strategy to end child abuse: (1) providing care directly to children and families through high-quality Children & Family Services; (2) educating the community—children, caregivers, child-serving professionals, and the public about child abuse and its prevention—through proven Community Education programs; and (3) coordinating Strategic Partnerships that promote citywide systems improvements and enhance our capacity to protect children, including creating a Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC).
The organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $7 million and is supported by approximately 60 staff, interns, and consultants and more than 80 volunteers. Safe and Sound has two sites: an historic firehouse in the Haight neighborhood of San Francisco, near Golden Gate Park and another location on Third Street in San Francisco’s Bayview neighborhood. More information is available at: www.safeandsound.org.
The Senior Program Manager of Data & Evaluation (SPM-DE) is responsible for the overall management and development of the data & evaluation team. This position reports to the Associate Director of Operations (ADO). This full-time exempt position supervises two Data & Evaluation Managers. The position will be responsible for developing and implementing a work plan for the data and evaluation team to help the organization collect, analyze and apply data in our programs both to increase our capacity and make data-informed decisions. The SPM-DE will provide management teams with recommendations based on the data team’s evaluation of the data collected.
The SPM-DE will provide support and oversight of both databases including: Efforts To Outcomes (ETO) and the CAC Database, as currently managed by the Data and Evaluation Managers.
The SPM of DE will work closely with management staff and the Data and Evaluation Managers. The SPM of DE will maintain excellent communication and relationships with department leaders and their teams, provide education on data analysis; create efficient systems and procedures, but also lead the agency in creating a data-informed culture.
● Align and influence senior management team, program leadership and internal stakeholders on Data & Evaluation Team priorities, and facilitate necessary engagement of Data and Evaluation Managers when appropriate,
● Serve as a thought partner to senior management team and making data informed, strategic recommendations for the development of the organizational Strategic Agenda
● Support the organization’s Theory of Change and outcome ladders in collaboration with senior management team, senior program managers and Data and Evaluation Team..
● Collaborate with Associate Director of Operations to prepare and implement annual budget and annual work plan for the data and evaluation team.
● Oversee impact narrative for external communications including donors, government and partners.
● Develop and implement strategies to create a data-informed culture across all departments throughout the organization.
● Foster relationships with other agencies to allow programs to scale program models and support the desire to meet the goals outlined in collaborative partnerships.
● Explore and provide recommendations for innovative technologies to streamline monitoring, evaluation and other operational functions.
● Build staff capacity through training and technical assistance for accurate data entry, collection and reporting in collaboration with Data and Evaluation Managers.
● In collaboration with the data team, the SPM-DE will formulate, implement, and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures.
● Identify system improvements & manage process changes, as needed
● Propose and deploy security improvements.
● Understand and enforce privacy laws and standards related to data management.
Provide support and coverage as needed to the Data and Evaluation team, comprising of 2 Data and Evaluation Managers in areas including, but not limited to: Evaluation best practices & methodology, Data Management & Systems administration, Strategic Reporting, Organizational Learning and Analysis, and Strategic Relationships with both Internal and External stakeholders.
May be required to assist with other projects or duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
● Must be able to navigate across various levels of the organization effectively
● Demonstrated experience aligning stakeholders on evaluation related agendas.
● 2+ years of program evaluation experience.
● 2+ years of data management experience.
● 2+ years supervisory experience managing a small team preferably at a non-profit
● Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA security rules.
● Demonstrated knowledge and application of evaluation methodology, performance management techniques and/or graduate studies in related field or practice.
● Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint (Office 2003 & 2010).
● Knowledge of SQL and Macros is a plus.
● Familiarity with SAP report development or user experience is a plus.
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
● Data Reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge).
● Knowledge of major quantitative and qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools.
● High level of proficiency in Windows Excel and/or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA)
● Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing.
● Bias for action and comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to act on limited information when necessary while also seeking supervision when in need of further direction.
● Fast learner; ability and desire to learn new skills and develop new abilities when requirements shift. Seeks out challenges as professional and personal opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and finds resilience to overcome obstacles.
● Ability and desire to honor the mission and values of Safe and Sound, to interact successfully and collaboratively at all levels of the organization, and to develop positive relationships in a culturally diverse workplace.
● Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
● Excellent organization skills, ability to successfully manage a large volume of work, meet multiple and often competing deadlines, and respond with flexibility to unanticipated requests.
● Requires passing a criminal background check, providing legal evidence of authorization to work in the US as well as references.
Great benefits (robust medical/dental/vision plans), generous paid time off programs and a great work/life balance
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY