The Organization You Want to Work For
Development Gateway (DG) is an international nonprofit organization that creates innovative information management and data visualization technology, implements data-focused programs, and conducts research and evaluation to further sustainable development: www.developmentgateway.org We are a creative and dynamic group of people based around the globe. We value hard work, innovative thinking, a commitment to teamwork, and a good sense of humor.
The Location to Brag About
Development Gateway is a part of the OpenGov Hub, located in the heart of DC, a short walk from the White House. The OpenGov Hub is home to a community of organizations focused on the open government agenda. This creative space allows for collaboration and innovation across different organizations. The space also hosts brown bag lunches, happy hours, and other focused events from thought leaders in the arena.
The Elevator Pitch
The Senior Associate is responsible for handling client relationships and leading progress on project/technical implementations. Our projects include (i) implementations of data management, visualization and dissemination tools, (ii) related data management and analysis services, (iii) technical training, and (iv) applied research on how data and technology influence development. Primary areas of responsibility are: partner/project technical management, product innovation, and assessment of systems and user needs. A wide degree of creativity, latitude and responsibility is expected, along with extensive international travel.
The Work You Get To Do
Project Management and Implementation
• Works closely with clients, partners and technical staff to ensure that project benchmarks are met on time, within budget, and done to client satisfaction.
• Responsible for conceptual design and integration of relevant technologies, research, planning, and testing of applications.
• Leads and defines business processes/rules, user stories, test cases, and user interface prototypes.
• Design and conduct qualitative research and assessments, and data analysis
Documentation and Training
• Collects, documents and maintains new requirements for IT systems that manage data for government and international organization decision-makers.
• Leads training sessions with clients and partners.
• Provides support and documentation for improving and creating clear data management processes.
• Conducts system testing and follow-up with technical team.
Business Development, Relationship Development, & Innovation
• Identifies and develops new business opportunities
• Leads and supports proposal preparation and submission.
• Provides inputs to R&D, innovation and new product development.
The Education and Experience You Have and We Need
• Fluency in English and French required; fluency in Spanish or Arabic a significant advantage.
• Overseas work experience required.
• Master’s degree required.
• 5+ years of direct technical and management experience.
Gourmet chefs welcome, but more importantly:
• You have effective project management and presentation skills. You enjoy getting things done while keeping your clients happy and building relationships.
• You have strong problem solving skills and are known for your commitment to continuous product and process improvement.
• You have a solid ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, creative environment. Entrepreneurial attitude and skills important.
• You bring an understanding of Internet-based applications development lifecycle and technologies.
• You’re comfortable working with data using spreadsheets, simple databases, and/or statistical software packages.
• You can communicate easily with both technical and non-technical staff and maintain good communication with our geographically dispersed team.
• You use strong organizational skills to handle a broad and unpredictable workload, meet deadlines and work under own initiative.
• You can work effectively both autonomously and as a great teammate, influencing others’ attitudes and behaviors through example.
We’re also looking for: Excellent written and verbal communication and customer interaction skills. Understanding of business relationships and concepts; successful proposal or business development experience a big plus. Ability and willingness to travel internationally at least 40% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Associate” in the subject line.