NAPAFASA is a national nonprofit agency, and the country’s sole national organization focused on behavioral health and related issues of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander communities.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Manager is responsible for ensuring programmatic and administrative goals of project grants. NAPAFASA is seeking a responsible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized individual to assume this role. This is a full-time salaried position. The Program Manager supervises and recruits other program staff, interns, and volunteers. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, have excellent time-management capabilities, and be proactive in order to be successful.
Examples of Duties:
1. Manage the daily operations of the Problem Gambling Prevention Technical Assistance and Training Project, and other similar projects. Duties include monitoring and meeting project deliverables, contract reporting, staff and consultant supervision, and delivery of technical assistance and training.
2. Provide technical assistance to appropriate organizations throughout California. Technical assistance includes presentations, workshops, curriculum development, and outreach.
3. Maintain records of program activities, file reports on services rendered on a timely basis, make recommendations regarding how to improve the technical assistance and training services, and participate in project planning and evaluation.
4. Manage the translation needs of various outreach materials
5. Supervise and lead the continuing education approval process, including accreditation, for various providers of continuing education for behavioral health professionals.
6. Manage proposal writing and fundraising.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Masters degree in social work or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
2. Significant experience in substance use disorders, mental health, and problem gambling prevention and/or treatment and related services.
3. Relevant experience in providing technical assistance and training, program development, and knowledge and skills in working with multicultural populations.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual skills preferred, especially with an understanding of the challenges related to translation and interpretation.
5. Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
6. Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
7. Ability to travel, including by privately owned vehicle.
1. This is a full-time exempt position.
2. The position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
3. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Full medical benefits provided.
The successful candidate will: work well under pressure and gracefully handle stressful situations; will think critically/logically; have follow-through (must be able to follow up on, keep track of, and communicate status of multiple assignments); manage consultants and nonprofit partners across California; work independently once given direction; and, manage time efficiently and adhere to deadlines.
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with Subject Line: Program Manager Opening.
Interviews will be granted according to the qualifications of the applicant and will be granted on a rolling basis. NAPAFASA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.
Full medical benefits. Ability to telecommute. Flexible work hours.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
An Asian language – understanding translation and interpretation process and related issues.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED