ZeroFoodprint Membership Manager
Part-Time Contracted Role, Work from Home, Any Major Metropolitan Area
Organization Overview: ZeroFoodprint believes that restaurants and diners can lead in the fight against climate change. ZeroFoodprint empowers chefs and restaurants by helping them understand the climate impact of various products, equipment, and methods. ZeroFoodprint works with restaurants to help them drive down their foodprint by taking actions on operational efficiency, ingredients, and carbon offsets. We raise awareness about the links between food and climate change, helping restaurants and diners make more informed decisions.
ZeroFoodprint is working with the world’s best chefs and restaurants to make sustainability a culinary virtue. Working on building a recognized and respected brand, ZeroFoodprint aims to bring awareness about climate impact into the average diner’s day to day food choices about where and what they chose to eat.
ZeroFoodprint is a young, growing organization, and is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about food and sustainability to help grow our organization. We are structured as a membership community, and we are seeking a Membership Manager to help grow and manage our community of restaurants that are committed to carbon neutrality.
Position Overview: This position will lead recruitment and management of our relationships with the best chefs and restaurants around the world, guiding then through their efforts to become carbon neutral and increasingly sustainable. This is a new position and will be joining our team at a critical juncture in our organization’s growth. We are positioned to grow our membership, building our community of restaurants committed to carbon neutrality and sustainability as a culinary virtue. The individual chosen to be our new Membership Manager will contribute to our membership growth strategy and drive its implementation. They will collaborate with our team and key stakeholders in order to ensure our growth goals are met. This position work closely with the Executive Director.
· Support design and lead execution of a comprehensive membership growth strategy that will result in a net gain in membership.
· Initiate, execute and evaluate membership growth activities.
· Represent the organization at external events and effectively communicate the value of ZeroFoodprint membership.
· Contribute to the development of and manage membership recruitment communications and campaigns.
· Process, track, and nurture qualified membership leads with the goal of moving them through the sales process and converting them to members. Manage the restaurant carbon footprint assessment process, collecting data and providing coordination and communication between the restaurants and third party contractors who conduct assessment work
· Oversee administration of membership, including invoicing for monthly dues and liaising with ZFP’s fiscal sponsor on financial reporting
· Work in close collaboration with the ZFP Executive Director and founders to continue to refine our operating model and execute against our vision.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 5+ years of association membership, marketing, or sales experience.
· Experience in the restaurant industry preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all different personality types.
· Willingness to work autonomously and remotely.
· Self-starter who has demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead projects.
· Experience with member databases and/or customer relationship management software.
· Capacity and motivation to develop an in-depth understanding of ZeroFoodprint’s mission, target audiences, programs, resources and services.
· Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
· Resourceful, with the ability to make decisions in an evolving environment as well as anticipate future needs.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects and demands.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and aptitude to develop new systems as needed to manage ZeroFoodprint’s growing membership.
· Passion for sustainability.
· Comfort with making presentations in front of an audience and meeting one-on- one with key stakeholders.
· Ability to travel on occasion.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY