APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
– Oversee maintenance of gensets and refrigeration equipment through direct supervision of ILA labor.
– Responsible to direct labor in maintaining a safe and clean working environment through the adherence to OSHA, hazardous, safety procedures.
– Assess equipment needs on an ongoing basis to ensure customer’s needs are being met. Communicate shortages to appropriate customers. Respond to requests for repairs promptly, without disruption to our customers.
– Directly/indirectly supervise labor, including ILA lead personnel (i.e. foremen), to ensure all daily work assignments are completed in a proper, safe, and efficient manner at all times.
– Discipline labor, including firing, suspending, or issuing verbal and written warnings to employees, including ILA lead personnel, who are not carrying out assigned work properly or safely. As you deem appropriate, direct ILA lead personnel to issue discipline to employees who, in your judgment, are failing to work in a proper and safe manner. Discipline should be issued in accordance to contractual guidelines.
– Address any grievance brought to your attention in an expeditious manner. Investigate the grievance and use your independent judgment and discretion in addressing the grievance in the best interests of the company.
– Capture true cost of maintenance by equipment number including 100% of parts and labor for each Work Order.
We are looking for
Based in Elizabeth, NJ the Manager, Reefer Maintenance is responsible for all maintenance aspects of genset, and reefer equipment. The ideal candidate will have minimum four (4) year degree from an accredited college or equivalent Terminal Operations working experience of five (5) years.
Please click here to Apply Online