AFS Intercultural Programs, Inc. (AFS) is a leading international education organization with a mission to provide and expand intercultural learning opportunities that develop active global citizens and institutions with the knowledge and skills needed to create a more just and peaceful world. AFS is active in over 100 countries, with offices in 60 countries, and 12,000+ participants annually supported by 50,000+ volunteers globally.
As part of the organization’s new strategy, AFS is undertaking a dynamic process to refresh its flagship high school study abroad program. The program – a trimester, semester, or academic year abroad living with a host family – was founded in 1947. Its hundreds of thousands of alumni include global and national leaders in government, diplomacy, education, journalism, business, and the non-profit sector, among others.
In a nutshell:
Reporting to the Director of Program Services & Development, you will help provide project management support throughout the duration of the project. You will also be a member of the Program Innovation team and will support additional program and business development projects in that capacity.
This role is a good fit for you if you are interested in creating positive impact in the world, and you’re keen to leverage your skills as part of a diverse, multi-disciplinary team helping to envision new, attractive, and impactful study abroad programs.
Once here, responsibilities will include:
As a member of the project team, primary responsibilities will shift according to the lifecycle of the project and will include:
• Communication and management of the global, internal team leading the project and external vendors supporting the project
• Data collection, analysis, and synthesis, including but not limited to surveys and stakeholder interviews
• Project implementation monitoring and support
• Ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Program and training design and implementation
Business and Program Development
As a member of the Program Innovation team, additional responsibilities will likely be:
• Grant and proposal writing
• Support of additional program and business development projects and opportunities
• Close collaboration with other teams and colleagues at AFS, as well as with AFS partner organizations
Some travel, within the US and/or internationally, may be required.
• BA (MA preferred)
• Project management experience (experience working as project lead preferred)
• Good organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and intercultural sensitivity
• Customer service orientation
• Fluent English language necessary (additional languages preferred)
• Strong writing skills, including an understanding of and some prior experience writing winning proposals and grants
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize demanding timelines and assignments
• Ability to operate independently and within a team environment
• Be a quick learner and have a sense of humor
• Experience in mobility sector a plus
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Fluent English language necessary (additional languages preferred)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY