Ford’s Theatre Society is seeking a Development Intern from January to May, 2018. The development internship is ideal for someone with interest in gaining or expanding their knowledge in fundraising and who desires to learn about engaging a broad range of donors.
The Development Intern will interact with the entire fundraising team, but primarily in individual giving and membership. The intern will learn about donor stewardship, prospect and donor research, communications and annual giving while participating in the process of fundraising in a robust and diverse development office.
The intern will learn by contributing and observing in some of the following ways:
· Working with staff to coordinate the Ford’s Theatre Spring Donor Newsletter
· Processing of member acknowledgements.
· Assisting with website updates
· Assisting with individual research and creating donor profiles to support the moves management process
· Participate in file review and cleanup
· Provide support fulfilling member and donor benefits
· Observing private tours
Events and Special Projects
Provide support for the special events team as they create, manage, track, and execute a variety of event tasks including – but not limited to – member events and receptions, cultivation events for member acquisition and upgrade, and other major events that will fall under the purview of the development department.
· Explore the creation of a searchable and complete database of special campaign gifts
HOW TO APPLY