Working as an independent business unit, Damco Distribution Services is a member of the Maersk group of companies and is financially affiliated to one of the world’s largest and most respected transportation and logistics organizations. Formerly known as Maersk Distribution, Damco Distribution has provided customized distribution solutions for over 25 years. Each client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client’s business more flexible. Our warehouse network spans from East to West Coasts of the United States and in Canada, with a workforce of some 650 employees. Services include transloading and automated sortation, cross-docking, DC bypass, replenishment, drayage management, and inland transportation. The company stands by its brand attributes of: Passion for Customers, Dedication to Service Delivery, Differentiation and Energized People.
Working at Damco Distribution Services brings a unique blend of being part of a conglomerate with rich heritage and an exuberant, enthusiastic, fast-paced logistics company. We believe encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their career. You bring your hands on work ethic, positive attitude and strong leadership skills. We provide you with a range of unique opportunities from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development in one of the world’s leading logistics companies which is part of a Fortune 500 global organization.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages which include but are not limited to:
A competitive salary:
• A comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• A 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• And More
The Customer Service Supervisor assist in overseeing all customer relationship functions as they pertain to the site location. The Supervisor is responsible for developing a working rapport with all accounts and acting as a liaison with all DDSI departments and other locations to interpret the requirements that the customer has for the servicing of their account with DDSI. This position supervises a team with the accountability to ensure customer needs are met as well as inventory control at the Facility. Activities include, but are not limited to, evaluation of existing processes as they relate to inventory accuracy, schedule and reconcile cycle counts and any required physical counts, the processing of any inventory adjustments, and all communication with the client as it pertains to inventory. The position will have the responsibility of developing and administering a quality program that will assist with maintaining and measuring quality standards for receiving, shipping, conversions, product inspections, and inventory control.
• Monitor the daily level of service of the account and how administration is meeting the specified requirements. This includes main liaison with operations to understand and assist in meeting the needs of the customer, including inventory issues.
• Monitor that the billing is being completed in an accurate, timely manner and in compliance with any vendor guidelines.
• Monitor overages, shortages and damages as per procedure as relates to the customer.
• Maintain and monitor relationship with custom’s procedures including freight clearance, documentation, and customer compliance. Liaison with other Damco entities, as needed.
• Schedule and reconcile all cycle counts in accordance with each account’s specifications.
• Maintain inventory integrity and perform all necessary inventory adjustments & corrections.
• Maintain inventory reports and logs as needed.
• Assist in warehouse audits to identify process issues that affect inventory accuracy.
• Interact with customer accounts to proactively determine areas of needed improvement or change.
• Examine and seek processes which are determined as needing improvement, including:
• Monitor processes to reduce errors and focus on root causes of perpetual inventory inaccuracies
• Develop and layout operational/inventory areas for any and all new accounts
• Insure that there is a high level of professionalism and productivity within the team.
• Be available to interact with guests from customer and participate along with other management personnel in presentations and entertaining of guests.
• Hire, counsel and review employees on a regular basis. Offer Action Plan in which to improve or add-to the current tasks assigned.
• Insure that employees are receiving proper training and support. This may include a detailed recommendation with timelines and improvement plans.
• Customer claim processing, reporting, and procedure compliance facilitation. Partner with Facility Manager to determine best process for resolving claim. This may include implementing new procedures that will serve as “check and balance” to eliminate further claims.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Performs job related duties as specified by management
We are looking for
• Prior proven Supervisory experience preferred in the transportation and/or warehousing industry
• Bachelor’s degree in business or other related subject preferred; not required.
• Must be able to communicate on a high level with upper management and customers.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
• Ability to be a problem solver and an independent facilitator in which to resolve any and all issues as they pertain to customer compliance.
• Self-starter attitude
• Skills in planning, written procedures, auditing, staffing, organizing, and communicating are required
• Must possess excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to develop effective relationships, provide leadership, and integrate diverse activities and individuals toward achieving quality objectives and standards are critical
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs; work flexible hours
• Must be able to work either night or day shift
Please click here to Apply Online