Job Summary: Converge is seeking a Communications Coordinator to increase the profile of Converge among key constituencies through graphic design, strategic marketing and communications strategies and the management of Converge’s online web presence and social media. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys working with people in a fast-paced environment and is committed to working for racial and social justice.
Job Status: Part-time (up to 20 hours per week)
· Implement Converge strategic communications plan in coordination with Converge Principals and staff
· Draft content and design Converge and client organizational materials, including external communications, presentations and collateral materials
· Maintain and update the organizational website and any additional websites we manage for initiatives and client partners
· Consistently generate fresh and relevant content, connecting website content to the Converge blog, social media posts and e-newsletters.
· Coordinate our social media and web presence to advance the organization, its work and campaigns, including posting, monitoring, maintaining and engaging staff in generating social media on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
· Develop and maintain a calendar of organizational communications consistent with Converge’s strategic communications plan and branding strategy.
· Manage external graphic designers and printers
· Maintain relationships with media personnel and bloggers to support the development and placement of news, editorials, and advertising for Converge and its partners.
· At least three years of professional experience in public relations, marketing or related field.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Commitment to social justice, equity, and self-care
· Well-organized and detail-oriented, with ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work within deadlines
· Self-motivated and self-managed, but also enjoys being part of a team
· Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
· Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, MailChimp, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, InDesign and WordPress
· Bachelor’s degree
· Previous experience related to nonprofit, social justice, government and philanthropy organizations
· Experience with Joomla
Converge seeks to align its hiring and procurement practices with its values and purpose. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY