The Getty House is the official residence of the Mayor of Los Angeles. The Getty House Foundation (GHF) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to civic education, the preservation of the house, and community engagement, and as such, is responsible for all activities and programming at the Getty House.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Associate Manager is a full-time exempt positon whose main function is to oversee the general operations of the Getty House and assist the Executive Director with administrative duties. The Associate Manager is part of a team that includes the staff of the Mayor’s Office, the Mayor’s security detail, and others who assist the Mayor with his responsibilities. In coordination with this team and the Mayor’s family, the Associate Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient and successful operations of the Getty House.
The Associate Manager will be responsible for executing the following with high standards and quality:
· managing, coordinating, and supervising all Getty House repairs and activities with City departments and other organizations
· coordinating and overseeing the cleaning service staff and their duties, as well
as undertaking light housekeeping as needed
· managing the care of and maintaining inventory of GHF items and event equipment; maintaining the household budget and managing the inventory of household and office supplies
· paying GHF bills, preparing check requests, depositing checks, and assisting with the preparation of monthly accounting information
· assisting with all GHF events and Mayoral activities at the house, including set up, registration, break down, and vendor coordination
· answering the GHF’s phone, managing the GHF’s calendar, and helping to update the GHF’s website
· managing deliveries, setting up for all meetings at the house, and greeting and escorting guests
· undertaking any other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would be proactive and self-sufficient; trustworthy and reliable; and detail- and task-oriented. In addition, computer skills (E-mail, Microsoft Excel, Google docs) are required. A college degree, as well as supervisory and event planning skills are preferred.
Some evening and weekend work required. Salary and benefits are competitive. Please send resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls.