At Damco Distribution Services we are experts at warehousing, distribution, and transportation.
Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how it got to your local retailer? Or, what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway? At Damco Distribution Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the deconsolidation and movement of freight all across the US and Canada every single day.
Working as an independent business unit, Damco Distribution Services is a member of the Maersk group of companies and is financially affiliated to one of the world’s largest and most respected transportation and logistics organizations. Formerly known as Maersk Distribution, Damco Distribution has provided customized distribution solutions for over 25 years. Each client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client’s business more flexible. Our warehouse network spans from East to West Coasts of the United States and in Canada, with a workforce of some 650 employees. Services include transloading and automated sortation, cross-docking, DC bypass, replenishment, drayage management, and inland transportation. The company stands by its brand attributes of: Passion for Customers, Dedication to Service Delivery, Differentiation and Energized People.
Working at Damco Distribution Services brings a unique blend of being part of a conglomerate with rich heritage and an exuberant, enthusiastic, fast-paced logistics company. We believe encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their career. You bring your hands on work ethic, positive attitude and strong leadership skills. We provide you with a range of unique opportunities from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development in one of the world’s leading logistics companies which is part of a Fortune 500 global organization.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages which include but are not limited to:
A competitive salary:
• A comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• A 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• And More
Responsible execution of all dray and yard operation of import containers from the Port to DDSI facilities within the region as well as direct customer destinations.
• Ensure all customers “Level of Service’ requirements are met and/or exceeded.
• Monitor performance of Steamship lines and their Terminal operations.
• Provide direction and guidance for Dispatch daily activity.
• Coordinate cargo flow according to LOS (Level of Service), production requirements and yard capacity
• Ensure accurate updates and timely movement of containers and trailers.
• Eliminate per diem and demurrage expenses.
• Review daily Dispatch reports to insure Performance Standards are maintained
• Identify and communicate any discrepancies with Transportation Manager and other management team members impacted by Dispatch operations
• Insure accurate reporting of operations production is in place and is provided timely
• Convey, direct and integrate independent contractors, along with their drivers, all information pertaining to their job performance, as defined within their service contract with Damco Distribution Service, Inc.
• Ensure that dispatch operations fall within all State, Federal and Company guidelines.
We are looking for
• Attend Owner-operator quarterly meetings
• Update on operational issues, as well as, update on any State, Federal, or local laws or requirements which may impact the movement of cargo
• Performs job related duties as specified by management
• Education or experience equivalent to Bachelor Degree
• Three – Five years Intermodal experience as either Lead Dispatcher, Operations or Customer Service Supervisor
• Understands and has a good working knowledge of State and Federal Regulations as relates to movement of Interstate and Intrastate Commerce.
• Computer proficient; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
• Good interpersonal skills needed for collaborative problem solving
• Assertive self starter
• Team player attitude
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
Please click here to Apply Online