The Climate Registry (The Registry) builds and operates GHG reporting programs for governments and businesses that generate high quality, consistent, and credible data to help organizations become more efficient, sustainable and competitive. Members that report their emissions to The Registry include corporations, non-profit organizations, municipalities, state agencies, and other entities. More information about The Registry is available at: www.theclimateregistry.org.
The Registry offers a hands-on, fast-paced work environment, and tremendous potential for growth and advancement. This position provides the opportunity to join a team playing a leading role in developing climate change policy in North America and worldwide.
The Program Coordinator’s primary role is to support TCR members as they work to create and report a GHG inventory. This individual will also assist TCR’s program staff in developing the suite of technical services. The primary responsibilities are outlined below; this list should be viewed as a starting point, as the position will evolve and grow according to the successful candidate’s interests and aptitude, and The Registry’s workflow. The Program Coordinator, Technical Services will be based in TCR’s main office in Los Angeles.
Program Support (70%)
· Assist members with policy interpretation and methodology clarification issues in operating The Registry’s help desk, and in providing training on program requirements and TCR’s online reporting software, known as CRIS, through presentations and ongoing individual communication.
· Help develop materials and resources to assist reporting, verification, and emission reduction activities.
· Assist in scheduling and coordinating member events, email communications, trainings, workshops, and conference calls.
· Help manage online resources including a database of frequently asked questions, reporting tip sheets and calculation tools, member directory and program updates
· Respond to general inquiries about TCR’s reporting and verification program.
· Undertake and complete research assignments, as requested.
· Some local travel may be required.
· Maintain accurate records on the GHG reporting and verification cycle for TCR Reporters.
· Log program questions and software issues.
· Assist in documenting programmatic activities.
· Help maintain the programmatic portion of TCR’s website.
· Assist program staff with other administrative tasks as needed.
· BS degree (environmental engineering or related technical degree preferred) or BA degree in public policy, environmental management.
· Experience or interest in working with GHG/climate change, corporate environmental management, and/or air quality issues.
· Demonstrated exceptional research and writing skills and strong oral communication skills.
· Ability to digest technical documents, perform emission calculations, data analysis, and present results in a simple and understandable fashion.
· Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and databases.
· Social media experience a plus.
· U.S. citizenship or legal right to work in the U.S.
· Strong customer service, interpersonal communication and writing skills
· Team player and quick learner who focuses on high productivity and results
· Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality
· Self-starter with a proactive attitude who can anticipate needs
· Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well
The Registry offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Registry also offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance and retirement saving options.
The position is available immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; interviews may be held in Los Angeles. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All eligible applications will be considered, however no travel or relocation assistance is available.
Interested candidates should e-mail, mail, or fax the following documents:
Relevant writing sample (maximum of five pages)
Search: Program Coordinator, Technical Services
The Climate Registry
601 W. 5th Street, Suite 220
Los Angeles, CA 90071
The Climate Registry is an equal opportunity employer.